• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Something tells me the people will ease themselves out of lockdown and to hell with what the government says.
    Get troops on the streets now, before the masses get out of hand. No quarter given

Comment

Another moderate go on the exercise bike, just to get the exercise ring on the watch closed before I start thinking about dinner

Comment

HWMBO has made a very fine Singapore Sling as our aperitif. There are a couple of recipe variations, most notably whether to include pineapple juice or not. The next one he makes will be without pineapple.

He's also made dinner. No idea what it is as he just said "random stuff, no recipe"

Comment

Apparently the good chip shop has reopened

Online ordering only, delivery or collection, but only a limited number of slots for the latter to ensure one doesn’t have to endure the presence of other customers at the same time. That’s how I’d prefer all shops to be

Comment

Dinner was a very delicious combination of.left over beef stew topped with macaroni cheese. So moreish.

The second drink was a Straight Sling, very different to the Singapore Sling. Fruitier and more of an afternoon refresher.

Comment

10l of Whakahari picked up earlier.
              I checked the diary and it’s 1 month since I’ve been in a car.
              It started first time (For those of you who fall asleep in your German dull coffins) and was great fun, apart from the hoards of cyclists, and the BMW owners who discovered car parks were closed, so parked on blind bends. If my Nextbase video of the journey is released, the audio will be one long bleep to cover the language.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea tonight has been a ribeye steak with chips, fried onions, and beans. Lovely stuff

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Entertainment: TBD but I suspect more Civilisation E6 and Up Pompeii S II E II will be in there somewhere.
                  Captain Tom on ITV, Captain Tom on BBC News Channel, HM on BBC News Channel, "Mash" retrospective on Sony.

Followed by Civilisation E6 wherein some players appeared towards the end, being Ian Richardson as Hamlet, Patrick Stewart as Horatio (frighteningly enough with a full head of hair), Ronald Lacey as the gravedigger, and Eric Porter as Macbeth, William Delvin as Lear.

This last being the bit that I got more out of than the preceding 45 minutes of discussion of the Reformation, Durer, Erasmus et al.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 May 2020, 21:15. Reason: Porter as Macbeth, Delvin as Lear
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Here I am again. On the sofa late at night on the laptop, MrsCB on the PC next door, kids in bed.

I don't seem to have left the house in bloody ages. I'm now at the stage of wondering what's the bloody point. Nothing to really look forward to, not a lot of point to it all really. Was speaking to an old permie colleague the other day and realised just what a fragmented existence we contractors lead - six months here, three months there, a quick permie stint when the warchest gets low.

Not sure why I'm bothering any more TBQH. It's just more of the same tulip tomorrow and next week as it has been since I started this game nearly 15 years ago. Except back then I had friends and some kind of social life.

Really can't see a huge amount of point to life right now or any kind of goal to move towards. Just getting up and cranking the handle.

Comment

And now I hate the fact that I just wrote all of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X