• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Entertainment: Civilisation E4
    Finally: "Man: The Measure of All Things", I find this a bit deep for me & the background music is irritating enough at times for me to reach for FF to get to the part where he starts talking again.

Simon Schama's History of Britain: E12: "Forces of Nature" being the French Revolution, Tom Payne, Mary Wollstencroft, Waterloo & Peterloo.

Frankie Howerd's "Up Pompeii" EVI: wherein our hero gets to meet Spartacus.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 May 2020, 22:09.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea tonight has been a roast pork dinner, and exceedingly nice it was

The mundane laundry finished while I was guzzling that, so that was extracted and draped on the clothes horse

It’s all go

Comment

The Wife (tm) tagged me in one of those Facebook things - but it’s one I’m prepared to do - 10 albums, 10 days.

I’ve decided I need to listen to the albums before posting. Tonight is no problem - American Fool runs to < 35 mins.
        One of the other top 10 is Live 75-85 by Springsteen, coming in at about 3.5hrs. Think I might start listening to that during conf calls tomorrow.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight’s reading was The Return of Sherlock Holmes

In the first story, The Empty House, Holmes and Watson’s route from Cavendish Square to said empty house opposite their rooms at Baker Street is given in some detail. Checking this out on the NLS maps site, it becomes clear that Holmes didn’t live anywhere near the spot north of Marylebone Road that would have been 221B (and where the eponymous museum is, I believe, located), which was Upper Baker Street at the time, but further south in the direction of Oxford Street, near Blandford Street (that being one of the roads specified)

Goodnight all

Edited to add: apparently Conan Doyle himself said it was near George Street, one street south of Blandford Street, which works with the story if the alleyway by which they approach the back of the empty house is Kendall’s Mews.
          Last edited by NickFitz; 4 May 2020, 23:39.

Comment

morning
            sort of overcast with blue bits.
            mild
            tuesday

Comment

Morning all
              Cool out with a breeze and high clouds.

In other news, I've had toast for breakfast , made with yesterday's loaf. It's yum.

Comment

Morning all

Beautiful sunny morning. I've had to close the curtain as the glare from the firey ball was making me look like a ghost on Teams.

I'm not entirely sure I'm in Scotland...

Comment

Currently got Springsteen live playing on the office Sonos.

Comment

Morning all

Weather - Sunny, w/ a chilly breeze, 9 degrees

Breakfast - usual

Lunch - Pasta Carbonara

Additional - as I was the Family Quiz winner on Sunday, i get to write the next one
                    Married

Comment

Morning all

Grey.

White sky with little patch of blue.

Sunless.

Chilly.

Windy, very, during the night.

Tuesday by all accounts though how the feck you'd know I dunno.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X