• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just remembered I got jam doughnuts!

Comment

Back to blue skies again now.

Comment

errrr, what time is it?

oh, i know, it's Beer O'Clock!

Comment

"Ah, bless" moment of the day.
          Overheard conference call between The Wife and a personal assistant...
          The Wife "OK, we need to clarify the DNA CPR changes so the nursing staff understand"
          PA: "What do genetics have to do with resuscitation?"
          The Wife: "Yes, CPR is resuscitation, but DNA is Do Not Attempt"
          PA: "Hold on, are you saying... um, no, that's not a nice thing for them to deal with"
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lightning strikes near Staines, according to the app.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Currently reading (since "Legacy of Ashes: the history of the CIA" was finished yesterday) is "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson, being the story of his stagger along the Appalachian Mountain Trail from Georgia to Maine.

Rather him than me.

And if there's bears, where was his mountain gun?
              And that's read and done with.

The film left out lots, which is par for the course of such things.

Never saw a bear, but got uncomfortably close to a moose in Maine.

Another trek I'll never have to endure.

Sun's out.

Still windy.

Time for tea.

Had to turn the wireless off because some clueless bozo is waffling away saying nothing in particular.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 April 2020, 16:22.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Had to turn the wireless off because some clueless bozo is waffling away saying nothing in particular.
                They had him on the telly too. Also turned off

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  My thunderstorm wasn't all that in the end. A big clack and a rumble and that was it. Just lots of wet.
                  Did you not have the sleet?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
                    Don't forget everyone

Trundle Day
                    Outward trundle done

A bit early but I’d popped out the back and the recycling bin was full, so a-trundling I did go

It’s probably full of stuff that shouldn’t be in it, as the landlord has been around this week doing things to the ground floor back, the family that lived there having moved out the other week, and he’s got strange notions about what can be recycled

The slightly newer recycling bin that I get for us when I can was nicked taken in by one of the other houses two or three weeks ago. It’s out again now, so I’m hoping to get down there tomorrow in time to swipe it back

Comment

Had to turn the wireless off because some clueless bojo is waffling away saying nothing in particular.
                      fifty
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X