• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    New tyres on the toy. Need to go and play...
    I need to see if mine still starts

I will charge up my jump starter first, just in case. Don't really want to drive it unless I have to as some git will nick my parking space.

Comment

Rained solidly here all day in the Shire.

Did a four mile run in it at lunchtime, I like running in the rain.

Protein shake post run to try and stay off the biscuits. I lasted 30 mins.

Stay safe people.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

by jove that was a full on day.
        alligators* dealt with, i now declare it Beer O'Clock!!

*other words like numptys, numbnuts, bampots etc would suffice

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I need to see if mine still starts

I will charge up my jump starter first, just in case. Don't really want to drive it unless I have to as some git will nick my parking space.
          Guy who fitted the tyres said - "I've left the labels on the tyres as they're quite difficult to remove so you might hear a little ticking until they're worn off"...

"That's Ok, I'll just put it sideways for a couple of laps of the roundabout, that should do it..."

He looked at me slightly askance.

I reassured him that I wasn't the kind of chap to put a car sideways round a roundabout.

Certainly not in the middle of the afternoon anyway
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

"That's Ok, I'll just put it sideways for a couple of laps of the roundabout, that should do it..."

He looked at me slightly askance.

I reassured him that I wasn't the kind of chap to put a car sideways round a roundabout.

Certainly not in the middle of the afternoon anyway
            I did that on a roundabout in Cardiff for no readily apparent reason.

It must have looked quite impressive in a 3 litre Granada.

Went on roundabout, went sideways for no reason I could see, and went off at the exit I'd intended to use as if nothing unusual had happened.

All at a stately 25 mph.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

My brother tried to go sideways round a roundabout in my car. He also turned off the traction control, declaring it unnecessary. Nearly put my car in a ditch.

Comment

In other news, next door was put on the market last week & they've accepted an offer this week.

Well there's a thing.

I wonder who my new neighbours will be.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  In other news, next door was put on the market last week & they've accepted an offer this week.

Well there's a thing.

I wonder who my new neighbours will be.
                  Is that why they were mowing the lawn?

Comment

Lunch was the remains of yesterday's roast pork garnished with apple sauce as a sandwich, accompanied by a pack of Mini Cheddars and a large glass of Vimto. Splendiferous.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Lunch was the remains of yesterday's roast pork garnished with apple sauce as a sandwich, accompanied by a pack of Mini Cheddars and a large glass of Vimto. Splendiferous.
                      it's 16:45 therefore I'm having a beer!

Anybody want one? I'm off to the beer fridge.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X