• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I was talking about use of cash with my Dad on Friday. He very rarely uses a card for payments and so doesn't like how many places are pushing cashless. I'm guessing you're not having any trouble with using cash?

My Dad also got told by his local branch of Lloyds that paying in a cheque was "not essential banking" and on him saying that he'd be happy to not pay in the cheque if the bank would cover the fees and charges he'd incur if he didn't pay his bills on time, the huffy person behind the counter allowed him to pay in "this one time". They then told him he should bank online which I'm not sure would solve his need to pay in a cheque (unless Lloyds now offer some means of accepting cheques by sending them a photo in like Monzo do).

It just all conspires to reinforce my opinion that the technology push just disenfranchises so many people who don't have the technological means or capability to use the newfangled tools. Maybe one day we'll have a 100% fully connected population of digital natives but I hope to be dead by then.
    I use cash because I like using cash.

I have two credit cards, a useless Barclays savings account card, and a debit card.

I use the credit cards for some telephone transactions, the card with the low limit for online transactions and the debit card inside the branch at the ATM.

They were shirty when I paid off the last CC bill.

I may investigate paying it through the ATM next since there's a Q code thing on the statement that lets one do that in theory.

I had one attempt at using one of the other machines in the branch but it was so difficult that I'm reluctant to make further attempts.

As an I fail to see why I can't have proper counter service considering the amount of money I've got stashed in there.

I don't do online banking due to paranoia.

Tea: Morrisons cheese topped short stick, corner yogurt thing, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, Ginsters Moroccan vegan pasty thing which was very nice as always, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Still reading "Legacy of Ashes: the History of the CIA".

Stone me.

You really couldn't make this tulip up & no mistake.

I've always had my doubts about the Septics but this stuff is mind blowing.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Something going on with a new slow loris now
      Is there a fast loris?

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Amidst all the other Sunday afternoon excitement, I somehow found time to get the mundane laundry done. Now draped over the clotheshorse
      For some odd reason I prefer not to think about I read that as ClothesHenge.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      your mate's back too.
      the other sanctimonious and extremely verbose calvinist
      Ah. I suspect the late Zeitghost's final post says sommat fruity in that direction.

and...breathe...
      YouTube

Clare Torry in action:

YouTube
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 April 2020, 17:23.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

your mate's back too.
        the other sanctimonious and extremely verbose calvinist
        They're probably in my ignore list. It's grown quite significantly these past few weeks

Comment

They're probably in my ignore list. It's grown quite significantly these past few weeks
          i don't know why having a pop at the barstewards isn't allowed.
          it's all in general FFS.
          why has this sanctimonious power crazed muppet been allowed to change the rules?
          because you lot bought him a christmas present?
          did you elect him pope while you were at it?

Comment

i don't know why having a pop at the barstewards isn't allowed.
            it's all in general FFS.
            why has this sanctimonious power crazed muppet been allowed to change the rules?
            because you lot bought him a christmas present?
            did you elect him pope while you were at it?
            There's a difference between free speech and being a complete ***k and they're definitely being the latter. I have no idea why they can spout such tripe and not be called out for it. There's good and sensible people who'd be well up for sensible chat and discussion but they get shouted down by the foamy mouthed so they've withdrawn rather than be dragged into some depressing hell pit.

There's nothing constructive about what they have to say but TPTB expect all responses to be supportive and constructive. What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Is there a fast loris?
              Apparently the slow loris can be quite fast when it wants to be

Comment

Watching this month's Sky At Night Horizon all about Hubble.

Such a brilliant bit of kit.
                Last edited by ladymuck; 27 April 2020, 19:41.

Comment

There's a difference between free speech and being a complete ***k and they're definitely being the latter. I have no idea why they can spout such tripe and not be called out for it. There's good and sensible people who'd be well up for sensible chat and discussion but they get shouted down by the foamy mouthed so they've withdrawn rather than be dragged into some depressing hell pit.

There's nothing constructive about what they have to say but TPTB expect all responses to be supportive and constructive. What gives?
                  general is supposed to be no holds barred.
                  why can one mod change the feckin rules?

Comment

on another light relief note,
                    dinner has been the other half of last night's chinese.
                    very nice.
                    stir fried pork in holy trinity sauce.
                    and the other half bottle of chablis.

van der valk is on, a reboot i suspect, but i must watch it for nostalgia's sake, even though i wasn't too fond of amsterdam when i lived in the netherlands.

Comment

fox shaped sock puppet

I hope you’re not talking about me!
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X