• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
    yup, interthingy is definite slow
    107.7 Mbps down, 9.84 Mbps up here, which is about standard.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      …the freezer which was absolutely full after yesterday’s shop is now even more absolutely full
      Just freed up enough space for a praline Magnum

Comment

The Lavender Hill Mob is on BBC2 at 16:00

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The Lavender Hill Mob is on BBC2 at 16:00
          I expect it’ll be available on iPlayer too; on which note, there are several good films of that ilk on there at the moment, including Whisky Galore, The Man in the White Suit, The Titfield Thunderbolt, School for Scoundrels, and In Which We Serve

Comment

Cor it's baking out here!

I have joined the queue for the big Tesco up the road. Moving swiftly, I have to say.

Bit sunny tho' and I didn't bring my sunglasses

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Cor it's baking out here!

I have joined the queue for the big Tesco up the road. Moving swiftly, I have to say.

Bit sunny tho' and I didn't bring my sunglasses
              That was a mistake.

Walked a portion of The Walk today since The Leg was complaining a little as I left the house, plus there were yobs playing football to "music" of sorts emanating from their motor vehicle.

Said music, being replete with single note bass was detectable from a quarter of a mile away.

Aside from said yobbery, met a boy on a bike, a young lady running (up hill too it must be observed, what? in this heat?), a chap on a bike (pushing it unlike the boy, sensible chap obviously), a lady talking to someone on her telephonic apparatus (doomed according to Morgenstern), and a chap walking his dog on a very long lead.

The Leg is throbbing a bit now so it's probably just as well I cut the walk short.

Strewth it's a bit warm out there Bruce.

In other news, I thought it was a bit polleny:

Pollen forecast - Met Office

And even more so tomorrow.

I start taking antihistamines in January these days & keep on them until August.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 April 2020, 15:22.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Shame the leg is still playing up. You certainly did a good number on it, what with all the bruising and such

Comment

Successful trip to Tesco and back.

Sour cream and flowers were on the list. A bottle of red fell in the basket because the queue for the tills went past the booze.

I got tulips again because the last bunch I got from here lasted ages.
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 10 April 2020, 16:33.

Comment

Beer acquired.
                    A bit of gardening done.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

i would appear to have, for want of a more precise term 'done me feckin back in'.

bugger.

it's a bit sore.
                      walking has become difficult.
                      i had lots of stuff i wanted to do this weekend too. mostly in the garden.
                      feck it.

maybe with the help of brufen and deep heat, i'll be cool tomorrow.
                      meanwhile beer o'clock, and back to spatterjay.

oh, and i thought red dwarf was very good, last night, made me laugh out loud a few times.

Comment

Working...
                      X