• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else noticed that with all the hand washing, the fingerprint ID on your phone isn't working as well as it used to?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      And! No more sandwich spread.
      Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      It may well be another 45 years or so before I buy another. .
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Anyone else noticed that with all the hand washing, the fingerprint ID on your phone isn't working as well as it used to?
        Well if you will wash your hands in acid

Comment

wish me luck off to the Shops!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The wind has got up. Blowing all the leaves around, it's like autumn again.

Unless it is Autumn and i've missed summer in my isolated state...

Comment

No sign of the bin wagon yet.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                wish me luck off to the Shops!
                Good luck! If you see any red lentils, get some for me

I just ventured into Iceland as there was no queue. They’re talking a good talk with all the notices about spacing and a crowd control guy on the door, but as expected, the customers really let the side down. I swear some of them think six inches and six feet are the same thing, having presumably been given a wholly inaccurate idea of measurements of length by kind-hearted women

And then more venturing, this time to the Co-op, where things were in much better order: a lady controlling the lock on the door, only about five or six people in the store at once (it’s not huge - that works out to about one customer per aisle), and on finally being admitted (I was fourth in the queue when I arrived) I was asked, in a manner that suggested it was more of an order than a request, to make proper use the bottle of hand sanitiser gel adjacent to the entrance before being allowed to touch so much as a basket

Neither place had any red lentils though

Comment

Oh, also extremely poor at staying a safe(ish) distance from other people: the kind of cyclist who rides a bike with knobbly tyres on the pavement, despite being a grown man and the roads being virtually empty of motor vehicles

Very much the kind of person who gives cyclists an undeserved bad name; none of them seem capable of steering any further than a foot or so from any given pedestrian even on extremely wide pavements

Comment

We just had a switch of goods with the mother in law where goods were exchanged via the sealed boot of the car .

We are now in possession of a box of lovely steak pies
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Good luck! If you see any red lentils, get some for me
                      Asian supermarkets are your friend. I managed to raid the one in town before the lockdown diktat and found there was plenty, along with all sorts of other exotic pulses and beans that would need some prolonged googling to work out what to do with them.

Comment

Working...
                      X