• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Good luck! If you see any red lentils, get some for me
    Ocado have red lentils. I could add a bag to my next order and post them up to you?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Asian supermarkets are your friend. I managed to raid the one in town before the lockdown diktat and found there was plenty, along with all sorts of other exotic pulses and beans that would need some prolonged googling to work out what to do with them.
      I went to the one up the road a couple of days ago:

The Indian supermarket was out of red lentils…

No rice, not even in sacks; he said everyone’s been after it.
      Only time I’ve ever seen an Indian supermarket with no rice

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Ocado have red lentils. I could add a bag to my next order and post them up to you?
        Possibly overkill, but thanks anyway

I’ll be trying various other places tomorrow; I want to go to M&S and Sainsbury’s for various bits, and if the worst comes to the worst I’ll even go to Asda. And there’s a Lidl nearby that I’ve never been to, and several Aldis around the city

Comment

I went to the one up the road a couple of days ago:

Only time I’ve ever seen an Indian supermarket with no rice

Comment

Late lunch: a Greggs steak bake, via Iceland and home baked

Comment

Just gone for a walk up to the Aldi where I had to queue.

Could have gone to M&S as there wasn't a queue but my shopping list was very Aldi centric (I prefer their posh yogurts and we only really needed toilet roll and bread)
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Just gone for a walk up to the Aldi where I had to queue.

Could have gone to M&S as there wasn't a queue but my shopping list was very Aldi centric (I prefer their posh yogurts and we only really needed toilet roll and bread)
                Lots of good stuff in Aldi, you just have to know what to buy.
                My steaks are actually from there, for this evening, aged Angus ones.

Ill make a trip to the butcher next week, I still have a fair amount in my freezer from my last visit.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

What?

The cow died of old age?

In other news, the Freecell score was 93% today, which is rather more acceptable, running average still 83% (wot a surprise).

Turns out I've lost 3000 and won 14,000 odd.

And this on a game I've been playing since Win32s for Win3.1 came out.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Steaks now rubbed with my simple marinade.

Mrs MarkyMark has prepared cauliflower cheese, a particular favourite, which will be matched with Jersey Royals and a few Petit Pois.

Hungry already
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

The buds on the chestnut tree are budding nicely, and it’s gone quite Simpsonesque out there - up to 12° now too

Comment

Working...
                      X