• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Raining out now, probably because there’s football going on out there tonight

Got soaked walking The Dog earlier. Have put the chickens and guineas to bed.
    Haven't killed any rats since Saturday, but I've got a trap baited tonight...
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea: more of yesterday's roast beef, pretty meh all in all, orange segments and custard, ditto, 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea: better.

Entertainment: "Their Finest" with that Bill Nighy character.

Sounds like it's another "Grace! Grace!" moment on The Archers.

<hiatus>

Yup.

Oh dear(tm).
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 March 2020, 19:21.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It has rained since leaving the office at 4pm and it's still going on.

Watched a bit of "The Truth About...Takeaways". As expected, it was a programme about the evils of take away dinners and how us fatty Brits eat so many of them. Queue the usual study of "what happens if you eat two takeaways a day for a fortnight", and "oh look my cholesterol goes up when I eat a 72 inch pizza", and "let's fat shame a whole family for their poor diet and show them that broccoli is much nicer than a beef chow mein".

Needless to say, I didn't watch more than half of the programme so I missed the 30 seconds they would add at the end where they concede some takeaways can be healthy, as required in order to provide a balanced report.

I then watched Stacey Dooley: On The Psych Ward. Quite sobering viewing about the sort of challenges staff are presented with from people suffering from various forms of mental illness.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I’ve got that, but haven’t watched it yet

Comment

Battling valiantly against the lurgy, I have managed to change the bed - including a mattress flip!

Aching lurgily from the experience though, and even got a bit of a headache, which is exceeding rare for me

Still, I’ll feel the benefit when I go to bed

Comment

So glad I bought a non-flip mattress. It does need a periodic spin about, as in swapping top and tail. That's effort enough, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                So glad I bought a non-flip mattress. It does need a periodic spin about, as in swapping top and tail. That's effort enough, for sure.
                More effort probably as once you get the mattress half-flipped, gravity does the rest of the work

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I’ve got that, but haven’t watched it yet
                  Worth a look, I found it entertaining, but then I'm a sentimental

There was a trail for "Hacksaw Ridge" on the dvd, so I extracted said dvd from halfway down a pile, but it's 134 minutes and will have to wait for tomorrow.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Worth a look, I found it entertaining, but then I'm a sentimental
                    I’ll save it for when I’m in the appropriate mood

Comment

Tea has been ribs and chips

At least my appetite today is better than last night

Still feeling a bit achy in spots though

The rain is teeming down out there upon the people hastening home from the football. Bit windy too, if the tree’s gestures are any indication

Comment

Working...
                      X