• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stone me, that's a long way to go for a drink.

Hope you won't get seasick.

<hiatus>

Tea: M&S battered chunky haddock. 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Nice enough.

Now debating what to watch this evening after I've thrown things at the wireless to discourage the obnoxious Nish Kumar.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 February 2020, 18:18.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It’s done that getting dark thing again while I was mucking about in the kitchen

Comment

<bugrit snip>
        Last edited by BR14; 21 February 2020, 20:56.

Comment

aaaand, -relax.

dinner was steak & kidney pie, chips and peas.
          and merlot

HSB now

Comment

At that point where the aroma of dinner is making me hungry, but it won’t be ready for another thirty minutes or so

Comment

The evening's first feature was "Death Wish" with that Charlie Bronson.

I FF through the unpleasant bits since I don't like depictions of rape.

It must be 40 years since I watched it last and it hasn't aged well, the Bruce Willis' version is superior in many ways.

Now watching "Death Wish II" with that Charlie Bronson & his Mrs, Jill Ireland (who he stole off David McCallum).

FF through the even more unpleasant rape scenes in this one too.

Armament in I was a Colt .32 nickel plated Police Positive revolver, 4" barrel, in II it's a Beretta 84 auto in .380ACP.

Larry Fishburne on the other hand has a couple of S&W Model 29s in .44 mag.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 February 2020, 21:17.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                <bugrit snip>
                All ok?

Comment

Had a lovely selection of cocktails and Polish foodstuffs for dinner.

Now in lyan-ess, now part of Sea Containers what was the Mondrian on the south bank, imbibing yet more alcoholic beverages

I am a "bit" pished.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    At that point where the aroma of dinner is making me hungry, but it won’t be ready for another thirty minutes or so
                    Worth the wait though - chicken casserole, and very tasty it was

It’s well windy out. Still no rain yet though

Comment

Following on from the moderately unpleasant Death Wish I & II saga (the action bits were ok in their way), now watching a prog on "Dmax+1" where some nutjob is trying to combine two Royal Enfield cast iron 500cc bike engines into one in India.

Quite why he imagined a steel pin through the sprocket could take that torque I really don't know, considering the size of the splines he machined out of the centre of the sprocket to get it onto a smooth shaft.

Ended up welding the sprockets to the shaft.

It's going in a dune buggy for some reason.

Oh, he's driving it in a desert over a 10km course.

And with that, the clutch dies.

Takes the clutch out, blows the crap off, puts it back together again & finishes the trip.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 February 2020, 23:01.

Comment

Working...
                      X