• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea tonight has been chicken madras with the usual rice and naan, and very nice it was

This one was made with the Patak’s sauce rather than the Sainsbury’s own brand. No idea if this one was better than that one; “Both very nice if you fancy a homemade madras” is about the limit of my capabilities when it comes to food criticism

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    where is everybody?
    Sorry, been working on some stuff

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Tea tonight has been chicken madras with the usual rice and naan, and very nice it was

This one was made with the Patak’s sauce rather than the Sainsbury’s own brand. No idea if this one was better than that one; “Both very nice if you fancy a homemade madras” is about the limit of my capabilities when it comes to food criticism

i use pataks pastes, not the cook-in sauces.
      much more flavour control :-)

IMHO

Comment

It's like everyone got a life!

Well I also watched an episode of who do you think you are and some more of marvel's agents of shield (CBA to do all the proper capitalisations this evening).

I cooked some dinner, duck, but then couldn't be bothered to eat it. So that'll do nicely tomorrow. Undecided what to accompany it with. I may make it into a ragu for pasta.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I cooked some dinner, duck,
          so now you're a yorkie??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            so now you're a yorkie??

I figured it would be that or someone asking when they can stand up again

Comment

I figured it would be that or someone asking when they can stand up again
              “He says ‘Look out, duck!’ I says ‘I’m not afraid of no duck.’”

Comment

Tea: M&S battered chunky haddock, nice enough, followed by orange segments and custard, nice enough, rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea, could have been hotter.

The evening's entertainment began with "The 39 steps (1978)" with that Robert "Jesus Christ" Powell.

It was amusing enough, possibly nowhere near as good as the Hitchcock version.

Followed by "The Quick & the Dead (1995)" with Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, Russel Crowe, and Leonardo Di Caprio.

A strange parody of a spaghetti western, which, as it turned out was amusing enough.

I don't like Hackman but he does play a mean villain, DiCaprio looked exceedingly young.

Also it was the last film of Woody Strode.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight’s first major motion rewatch was Contagion (2011), which I understand has seen a recent upsurge in viewing figures because of its storyline about a deadly and virulent respiratory disease, originating in bats, and spreading across the world from China. Entertaining enough, but it sounds a bit far-fetched to me

Anyway, the main reason I watched it wasn’t because of the news but because somebody tweeted about Contact the other day, and I thought “Ooh, I haven’t seen that in a while” and went to have a look at it, and Contagion is right next to it on the Apple TV because of the alphabet, and I thought that I hadn’t watched that for a while either; and then I found that Contact is two-and-a-half hours long, and I wasn’t in the mood for that, so entirely fictional and unrealistic Chinese-bat-lung-plague it was

And after that, what could be better than a rewatch of Edge of Tomorrow (2014) in which the human race is repeatedly exterminated, not by a mild cold but by vicious aliens that behave like something out of the waste recycling plant from hell

At about half two an ambulance stopped outside next door with its blues on. I went to the window to have a look, being nosy, and once the paramedics had disembarked with their kit they started making their way down our front path. Then, when they were close enough to spot the house number (no mean feat; it’s in small, faded, crudely painted digits on the wall by the porch, and I never noticed it was there myself until I’d lived here for several years) they turned back, and went up to next-door-but-one instead. And after fifteen minutes the blues came on again, and they did a three-point-turn at the side road and headed off, presumably carting whichever poor sod it is off to the Royal Infirmary. Hope it’s nothing too drastic

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I do hope that work was Monday Links....

Comment

It's like everyone got a life!
                      Oh yes! Last night I spent my time dipping yo-yos into thermos flasks! Its total fun fun fun here....

Comment

Working...
                      X