• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue skies, can't see a cloud from my vantage point, and sunny (duh, of course!). A heady 11 degrees. Must be a bit of a stiff breeze as I can see the lamppost wobbling (or it's being humped by a dog). Ah, a wispy high level cloud has just scurried past at a rate of knots. Must be strong winds up there then.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Blue skies, can't see a cloud from my vantage point, and sunny (duh, of course!). A heady 11 degrees. Must be a bit of a stiff breeze as I can see the lamppost wobbling (or it's being humped by a dog). Ah, a wispy high level cloud has just scurried past at a rate of knots. Must be strong winds up there then.

I hope they’ve calmed a little for tomorrow. I’ll be in a T5 lounge for lunch.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

In with the hoi polloi

It was a dry & sunny walk down, should be raining in another 25 minutes as I leave.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny with fluffiness, and about 11°C out there today

The nominal temperature doesn’t count for much though as it’s very windy and, judging by the currents making it through my kitchen window, not a warm breeze

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            it’s very windy and, judging by the currents making it through my kitchen window, not a warm breeze
            Black currants, red currants, or white currants?

We should be told.

Walk walked.

The trees were creaking a bit in the breeze which Is Not A Good Sign, so I legged it away from that spot pretty damn quick*.

Lunch was poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed mulitseeded toast.

Nice enough, with a random baked spud thrown in for no readily apparent reason, along with the two jam sandwiches (one bramble jelly, the other blackcurrant) and 1.05 pints of good Glengettie Tea.

*i.e.about as fast as an can manage to stagger up a hill that's quite steep just there.

Comment

It's wasn't all that windy when I walked around the corner to have a pedicure. Toes all beautifully pimped now.

Thought the weather was on the turn as it seemed to suddenly darken while in the salon but there's still blue skies out.

Having a cuppa and then a walk down to a storage place I'm thinking of renting a small unit from. Following my recent sortings out, I have tat that needs putting somewhere so I don't have to see it.

Comment

Chicken soup for lunch - the real stuff, out of a Heinz tin, rather than those homemade impostors

Just popped up to the Amazon Locker and can confirm that it’s windy out but, in areas sheltered from the breeze, rather mild

Comment

It was a tad windier on the walk to / from the storage place. Not too bad though. A bit more cloud now - fluffier ones have started moving in.

Still warm enough and dry. Almost toasty when the wind drops.

Comment

The afternoon's Freecell score was 89%.

The "ready to eat" mango (Morrisons, reduced, but not so reduced as the delicious ones from a week or so ago) was rather nice but not as nice as the over ripe ones previously mentioned.

I'd left this one ripen a bit more since the other one had proved rather disappointing.

I think the evening's entertainment is going to be "Farewell My Lovely" with that Robert Mitchum character.

I note with some alarm that it also has Sly Stallone in it.

I wonder if I'll be able to spot him.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Black currants, red currants, or white currants?

We should be told.
                      Electric. Tin foil hat on!

Comment

Working...
                      X