• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay Challenge #2 for the week completed. Poole for G-Plan 7' Long John sideboard. ScruffTowers super-retro...

I'm feeling Groovy all over again.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I seem to have found myself listening to various Blondie live bootlegs from around 1979 this afternoon
      could be worse, - coldplay? radiohead? <insert miserable snowflake band here>?

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      DD could sort out the cat litter tray or the cat could be trained to sh!t in the garden...
      or even, both, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        eBay Challenge #2 for the week completed. Poole for G-Plan 7' Long John sideboard. ScruffTowers super-retro...

I'm feeling Groovy all over again.
        When I bought my coffee table the person selling had loads of matching stuff. I just didn't have the money at the time, or the space to put it all.

Such a shame. I do love that style of furniture.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          I seem to have found myself listening to various Blondie live bootlegs from around 1979 this afternoon
          could be worse, - coldplay? radiohead? <insert miserable snowflake band here>?
          I’m not even massively into Blondie, and wasn’t even at the time, but I always thought they were OK and when somebody tweeted a link to some live footage on YouTube I ended up going down the rabbit hole on Sugarmegs, my go-to site for finding live recordings: SugarMegs Streaming Server, Lose Yourself In The Music

Comment

I have just watched BBC Four - Storyville, Jonestown: Terror in the Jungle, Episode 2

This was the even more awful part of the story.

Some people were brainwashed into voluntarily committing suicide by cyanide but the majority were coerced or forcibly injected with the poison. Bloody awful way to die.

Jim Jones seems to have shot himself rather than suffer the same fate he inflicted on his congregation.

Comment

watching 'whisky galore'
              i didn't know they'd remade it.

very amusing, in that ealing comedic way.*

haddock and chips for dinner, van den chippie.

very good.

with a nice chenin blanc.

*it's well done, too, good casting immho.

Comment

watching 'whisky galore'
                i didn't know they'd remade it.

very amusing, in that ealing comedic way.*

haddock and chips for dinner, van den chippie.

very good.

with a nice chenin blanc.

*it's well done, too, good casting immho.
                That’s a great film

Comment

That’s a great film
                  definitely.
                  even made my eyes water a wee bit.
                  but, then, i'm jockinese.

Comment

definitely.
                    even made my eyes water a wee bit.
                    but, then, i'm jockinese.

Which one was it? The original or the remake that's on some channel or other today?

"Farewell my Lovely" was suitably amusing in a 1975 remake of 1942 sort of way.

Dear old Sly offed a cathouse madam.

It was the one with Moose in it.

Now watching "Entrapment" with that Sean Connery chap and that Catherine Zeta Jones woman.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

the remake, as i inferred.
                      now on 'picard' #1

not convinced, so far.....................

Comment

Working...
                      X