• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In with the coughing and sniffing hoi polloi

Things one has to put up with when out without a gun.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It’s round the back so it doesn’t really bother me, except that if I walk in the kitchen and one of the lights is on in their yard, I automatically go to check if there’s someone dodgy out there or if it’s just a cat (it’s always a cat).
    Sometimes the now defunct security camera system picked up odd things: a bat, a cat crawling along some wood that Strangelove Pater had hanging up in the garage, a badger (which fecked off never to return thankfully), and a fox now and again.

The oddest thing it ever recorded was two people burning a skirt in said carport/garage for reasons we never did figure out.

Oh, and I have a video somewhere of a family of foxes merrily digging holes in the unplanted & empty potato patch.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 February 2020, 10:27.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Rubbish night’s sleep, disturbed by weird dreams, but as luck would have it I’d forgotten to set any alarms so was able to get a moderately solid block of slumber before I finally awoke properly (well, sort of)

Bright sunny day out there, and chilly with it: only 3°C so far. Any shopping will be put off until this afternoon, I think. I might finally achieve the walk into town if it warms up slightly

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        And it’s snowing in Memphis.
        Should be sunny today though

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Should be sunny today though
          It might be, when the sun gets up. It continued snowing for a few hours through the night and my rental has a couple of inches on it.

Good job that today is WFH (Hotel, not Home, for me) for anyone senior on the project team.

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Brrrrrr. Sunny but cold. On the way home it was dull, cold and windy.

Remarkably like me, all in all.

The shirts came out of the TD and the ones requiring ironing got a little bit of ironing, the cottons are in the TD, out in half an hour, whereupon the coloureds will be out of the WM and into the TD.

After which it'll be time for the walk.

Lunch: Ginsters Cornish Pasty, poached tomato and (leathery) scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), a jam sarnie, and 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Listened to the final ep of "The 2nd Sleep".

<spoiler> It didn't have a happy ending. </spoiler>

Loved the idea of the Apple(tm) trademark being the sign of the

Couldn't agree more.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 February 2020, 12:43.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Will you take it out on HWMBO?
              No, he doesn't deserve that.

Comment

All work done by 12 noon.

Now just doing chores and keeping an eye out for any random tulipe.

I have lost the recipe for my Nan's pink iced cake I have instructed the parentals to keep and eye out for it in her belongings when they get around to sorting them out.

The parentals knew my Nan had taken out a funeral plan, many years ago (the policy for my Grandfather was used some 15 year ago), but what they didn't realise was she had gone so far as to decide what she would wear, what coffin she would have and a number of other details. Basically, due to her forward planning 20 years or more ago, my parents have pretty much nothing to do other than notify people of the date and plan a pub knees up afterwards.

Comment

Sun’s up, NF was right.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Sun’s up, NF was right.
                    The weather app on my phone was right, you mean

Just heard the black bins being done and realised I forgot to put out the recycling bin last night. Ah well, it’s probably not full. Or maybe somebody else did it?

Popping out to the shops in a bit; the walk into town will have to be postponed as I need a few bits from Sainsbury’s.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      No, he doesn't deserve that.
                      I can see I am going to have to put you in touch with MrsBP.....

Comment

Working...
                      X