• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Hey Nick, what’s the weather like outside?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It got quite cloudy & unsunny here earlier.

Sun's out again now.

Lunch: baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea plus a jam sandwich and a beetroot sandwich for good measure, like.

The walk will be walked in a little while once I've done the dishes.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bloody 'eck... First Daffs are blooming. Must be the extra heat the V8's are kicking out?
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          Bloody 'eck... First Daffs are blooming. Must be the extra heat the V8's are kicking out?
          My mini daffs started coming out last week

I'm hoping my bluebells are sprouting nicely too but no buds yet

Comment

lunch was warm camembert and cranberry sauce, on wholemeal toast.
            with 80Cl of earl grey tea.

Comment

Snowdrops in full bloom in the woods on the dog walk earlier,.

Lunch has been smashed avocado and poached egg on toast, with a few chilli flakes to make it interesting. Followed by a cadburys cream egg.

Settling in with a coffee for this afternoons 4 hour conference call. I think I'm going to need it.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Snowdrops in full bloom in the woods on the dog walk earlier,.

Lunch has been smashed avocado and poached egg on toast, with a few chilli flakes to make it interesting. Followed by a cadburys cream egg.
                All this happiness makes me glum.
                Settling in with a coffee for this afternoons 4 hour conference call. I think I'm going to need it.
                Ahhhh karma
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all

Hey Nick, what’s the weather like outside?
                  2°C, cloudy, chance of snow later

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    2°C, cloudy, chance of snow later

Thanks. Have looked out now and can agree with you
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Had to fix two more reports. These had been built on the assumption there wasn't life beyond 31 December 2019. Maybe they right...

Actually, it's more likely they were built as a short term stop-gap but everything temporary ends up permanent (another oddly prescient choice of words...)
                      Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Gave up with one of the two reports that needed fixing because it was simply taking so long to update. Will try again tomorrow on a decent spec PC. Dunno how ClientCo expect proper number crunching to be done on a standard Lenovo yoga.
                      Yesterday's given up on report is now also fixed. They now have until 31 December 2021 to make this stuck together with sticky back plastic heap of nonsense into a properly written report. I ain't doing it.
                      Last edited by ladymuck; 6 February 2020, 13:49.

Comment

Working...
                      X