• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Tea this evening was M&S battered cod (chunky).

It was nice enough and enhanced with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The evening's entertainment began with Angel S3 E14, followed by BTVS S6 E15 wherein Riley returns briefly, then Angel S3 E15.

Currently "watching" "Nazi Secret Bases" on Yesterday but it's incredibly irritating with the V1 being described as a "rocket" when it's a fecking cruise missile, doodlebug or buzz bomb and the V2 shown flying horizontally through clouds on its way to London.

Apparently the V2 was so much more effective than the V1 with a 2000lb payload (910kg explosive) against that of the V1 which, by contrast, was the much smaller 2000lb payload (875kg explosive).

Apparently the V1 killed more people because it exploded at the surface rather than buried in the ground like a V2 payload.

The V1 cost the equivalent of £125.

The V2 cost the equivalent of £12,000.

Now watching "The Day They Dropped The Bomb", this being August 6th 1945.
    airbursts are most efficacious if maximum damage is required.

Comment

Tea this evening was a haddock supper from the chippy round the corner. Exactly what I needed.

Twas getting frosty out at 8pm; rivers have probably frozen over by now.

At the Freelance Friday drinks, I tried to get some dour Scots to come on the 13th but to no avail.

Comment

steak pie <again>
        and a nice rioja.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          airbursts are most efficacious if maximum damage is required.
          Tricky to achieve with the V1 or the V2 given the fuzes of the time.

The atomic bombs used radar fuzes to airburst with impact fuzing for a backup.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just popped out the back to check the main gate (which some idiot had left open, again) and somebody has been sniffing around Mystery Bike. I’d left it behind the Super Monkey Car where it was originally deposited, with a few inches of the back wheel poking out due to a branch of the buddleia preventing it going in any further. But it had been pulled out, such that all of the back wheel was exposed - which is, of course, just as far as you’d need to extract it before realising it has no chain.

So it was a lazy person, who didn’t want it badly enough to push it home and repair it

Next Tuesday is the 28 day mark, after which it graduates to “my new bike” status. I’ll see about making room for it in here and getting it inside tomorrow as, given the (moderate amount of) trouble I’ve been to over it, I think I deserve it more than some passing miscreant

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Tricky to achieve with the V1 or the V2 given the fuzes of the time.

The atomic bombs used radar fuzes to airburst with impact fuzing for a backup.
              oh, right.
              ok
              didn't know that.
              honest

Comment

Yeah, right.

Didn't know they recreated the Uranium bomb as a backup when they ran into problems with the Hanford reactors in the late 40s just in case they couldn't make more plutonium.

Just got to the appalling results stage of the programme.

The lucky ones simply left shadows on the ground.

The unlucky ones are indescribable.

Comment

Tonight’s movie, following on from Batman Begins last week, was Carry On Batman The Dark Knight (2008) - IMDb. Good stuff

And then back to The Wire S3: E5 "The Wire" Straight and True (TV Episode 2004) - IMDb, E6 "The Wire" Homecoming (TV Episode 2004) - IMDb, and E7 "The Wire" Back Burners (TV Episode 2004) - IMDb

You know how a minor irritation will stop and you don’t notice for ages? There used to a group that wended their way past here any time between three and five in the morning who were really noisy; couldn’t walk down the street without shouting at each other constantly. They weren’t even arguing, they just seemed to shout as their normal mode of conversation. Anyway, I just realised that they don’t come past any more, or if they do, they do it quietly. Probably stopped in early summer and I’ve only just noticed they’ve gone

Goodnight all

Comment

Tonight’s movie, following on from Batman Begins last week, was Carry On Batman The Dark Knight (2008). Good stuff

And then back to The Wire S3: E5 Straight and True (TV Episode 2004), E6 Homecoming (TV Episode 2004), and E7 Back Burners (TV Episode 2004)

You know how a minor irritation will stop and you don’t notice for ages? There used to be a group that wended their way past here any time between three and five in the morning who were really noisy; couldn’t walk down the street without shouting at each other constantly. They weren’t even arguing, they just seemed to shout as their normal mode of conversation. Anyway, I just realised that they don’t come past any more, or if they do, they do it quietly. Probably stopped in early summer and I’ve only just noticed they’ve gone

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Tonight’s movie
                      Goodnight all
                      Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Tonight’s movie

Goodnight all
                      The echo's back the echo's back the echo's back.

Morning all if all there be

Currently grey.

White sky.

Sunless.

Colder, only 17.2 deg in here today.

Unwet.

Breezy.

All the leaves have left the apple tree.

Saturday, or so I believe.

Comment

Working...
                      X