• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite the dire weather earlier, the sun's out now so I'm off out for a walk.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Despite the dire weather earlier, the sun's out now so I'm off out for a walk.
      I hope you put a hat on as it can feel a bit chillier with a newly shorn head.

Comment

Walk walked.

Turned out to be dry all the way.

Went up the road to the res again on the principle that the boot is split so not exactly waterproof.

Lunch was poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast.

Very nice, along with the 1.05 pints of good Glengettie Tea.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 November 2019, 13:16.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Big bank where I worked had a big event where lunch was provided free. That saved a few quid. Very nice it was too.

Thank goodness I don't work for the big bank any more. The unit I work in was sold off. Can't wait to be free of big bank and their stupid procedures.

Mrs-BP asks how big bank ever makes money. Its only because there are part of a cartel.

Comment

Lunch has been not one, but two - two! - roast beef baps (wholemeal), and very nice they were

Present me didn’t trust past me to have divvied up the beef correctly when I froze it a few weeks ago, and decided one portion wasn’t enough. But past me was right all along, so with a second portion there was far too much, and a second bap had to be pressed into service

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              and a second bap had to be pressed into service
              Oh the hardship!! however did you cope
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                Oh the hardship!! however did you cope
                It’s a tough job, but somebody’s got to do it

Now to tell MyFitnessPal. Hope it won’t feel too let down

Comment

Lunch was Sunday's lunch left overs. Mainly the veggie portion. Chopped up and pan fried the remaining roasted spuds and carrots with a bit of chicken chucked in.

Very satisfying indeed.

Still have plenty of chicken and stuffing left to scoff. Some of that will be used up tomorrow for lunch.

Comment

Exciting times: just put a tea towel wash on, and remembered to also chuck the oven gloves and the apron in there!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      It’s a tough job, but somebody’s got to do it

Now to tell MyFitnessPal. Hope it won’t feel too let down
                      More likely it will say "You greedy pig. And as a result it is heart attack time. Prepare next weeks Monday Links(*) and call an ambulance".

(*) I may have made that bit up.

Comment

Working...
                      X