• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Let's hope it's ok this year.
    That’s the plan!

The sun's come out.

Oh.

It's gone in again.
    After a hiatus, the rain is raining steadily here now

Comment

It's sunny across the valley boyo, there's tidy then, but not so much this side.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Chipolata and bacon bap (wholemeal, red sauce) for lunch

And in the time it took to prepare and eat that, the rain has stopped, a fair bit of blue sky has appeared, and the sun is even popping out on occasion

Comment

It’s gone all grey again on the side of the outside where the sun is

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            It’s gone all grey again on the side of the outside where the sun is
            It's doing that here too.

Getting quite overcast now, I think I'll nip & put the extra mundane washing in the TD.

I was going to Screwfix this afternoon, but the sheer excitement of the WM persuaded me to play Freecell instead.

Lunch was baked beans on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seeded toast with the requisite 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea to follow.

Comment

Well, more drama with the addled one now.
              just been whisked off to A&E (after a four hour wait for an ambulance), so that's my partner stuck for the evening, most likely.

it just gets better and better

I'M NOT HAPPY <in case you missed that>

feck it.

bollocks.

mutter mutter, millenium hand and SHRIMP!

Comment

^^^manly no s

Been there, done that, got the fecking t shirt.

Though it was usually me waiting in A&E with the afflicted one, whichever it turned out to be.

The best fun was having one in one hospital and the other in another hospital 8 miles from the first one.

Almost as good as turning up & finding Strangelove Pater's bed occupied by someone else when he'd been moved without me being informed of this.

Rescued the washing off the line just as it started to rain.

For the sake of doing something, just spent three quarters of an hour applying linseed oil to the handles of assorted spades, shovels, forks, rakes, and a variety of hoes, both Dutch and English.

Not to mention the sledge hammers, mattock and picks of course, with the odd broom thrown in for good measure.

Most, if not all, haven't been used since I did it last time whenever the feck that was, possibly last year or the year before, depending on how keen or bored I was at the time.

The metal bits got a coating of WD40 to ensure that they are ready for missile service at short notice.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 November 2019, 16:13.

Comment

yes, it's my partner's mother, so i'm not a relative (not married)
                  all i can do is try to support where i can.

very frustrating, at times.

Comment

Getting dark now.

Ain't the nights drawing in

It'll be sunset at 16:00 before long.

Bugger.

Looks like the simmerstat thing on one of the rings of the stove has died.

It's either 100% or off, nothing in between.

Which is irritating.

And the salting house now stinks of linseed oil.

With knobs on, if linseed oil had knobs in the first place.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 November 2019, 16:43.

Comment

Getting dark now.

Ain't the nights drawing in

It'll be sunset at 16:00 before long.
                      Sunset here was at 15:59 yesterday

Your worst appears to be 16:05 starting on 8th December: Sunrise and sunset times in Neath, December 2019

Comment

Working...
                      X