• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Why?
    Do you want to set off all dogs within a 10 mile radius?

Comment

morning

a bit misty in Bearsden this morning

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        On the big screen tonight, a rewatch of Oblivion (2013), being one of those dystopian post-war wasteland jobs, and none the worse for that. I enjoyed it
        Ah, that one.

I got 10 minutes in & turned it off, same with "War of the Worlds".

Can't have been in the right mood for it*.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunnyish.

Blue sky with high cloud.

Not windy.

Barometer rising.

Pollen count probably rising**.

*I think you like these dystopian epics rather more than I do, "Children of Men" being an example.

** The Sneezing Has Begun.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 April 2019, 08:21.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cool but not cold.

Grey, but still bright.

Dry.

Yesterdays excitement centered around MrsB's car and the lack of petrol therein.

Having forgotten to fill it up she arrived home running on fumes and the distance to empty display showing 0 miles.

A quick trip to the nearest garage armed with a fuel can brought back a gallon on Esso's finest unleaded offering.

The trouble started when it became clear that the nozzle on the can was no longer compatible with the fancy new filler on the car designed to stop you putting Diesel in it instead of petrol. Specifically it didn't protrude far enough into the filler to properly dispense the petrol and instead pissed it out through the overflow and down the back tyre.

Cue a very nervous drive back to said garage in the car, with everything turned off to try and save fuel and lots of very gentle accelerations and minimal braking. Made it in the end and filled up but it was an afternoon of hassle I could have done without.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

My mate put petrol in his diesel car twice.

Now he's got a petrol car I'm waiting for him to put diesel in it.

Though I have singularly failed in my search for assorted certificates and passports, I did manage to find 3 PP3 NiCd rechargable batteries that I've been looking for since 2014.

The other idiocy was leaving the fan heater on in the living room overnight.

I wonder how much that's cost me.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 April 2019, 08:23.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              My mate put petrol in his diesel car twice.

Now he's got a petrol car I'm waiting for him to put diesel in it.

Though I have singularly failed in my search for assorted certificates and passports, I did manage to find 3 PP3 NiCd rechargable batteries that I've been looking for since 2014.
              I believe diesel in a petrol car will work? Petrol in a diesel car will stuff it up?

I am not a mechanic! In fact I get Katie@Halfords to mend my punctures for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I believe diesel in a petrol car will work? Petrol in a diesel car will stuff it up?
                YouTube

Comment

Depending on how much gets put in, petrol will screw the diesel pump because it's essentially not a lubricant.

Diesel in a petrol car will screw the lambda sensors and maybe the cat.

If there's a lot of diesel the fuel system will require flushing.

As long as you don't attempt to start the engine, it's much cheaper since the tank just needs flushing.

In other news, the certificates relating to the birth & marriage of the Strangelove Parents have been obtained for the very reasonable price of £33.

<hiatus>

M&S battered (they didn't have breaded) haddock, chunky, and some veg was purchased.

Ginsters Cornish pasties (unreduced) from Morrisons along with a Tiger stick, just for a change, like.

I suspect this evening's televisual epic is likely to be "The Hunchback of Notre Dame( 1939)" with Charles Laughton and Maureen O'Hara.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1939) - IMDb

<taps screen>

Am I talking to myself here or what?
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 April 2019, 10:47.

Comment

So putting diesel in a petrol car should be more difficult as the diesel pump nozzle is actually bigger than the petrol pump nozzle and should not fit into a petrol

which obviously means a petrol pump can fit in a diesel tank.

Why did they do it that way around - apparently because more woman were putting the wrong type of fuel in and woman generally drive petrol cars.

Comment

There is a device you can get to prevent mis-fuelling of diesel cars: The Fuel Angel - The Misfuelling Prevention Device

It's also possible to drive a diesel with some petrol in it. In fact in Winter it's a cheap substitute for winter fuel, to put in some petrol to stop the diesel from going waxy.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X