• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a desultory spit of rain erlier, still feckin hot
    hey ho
    cod chips and peas for Dinner, courtesy of aunt bessie and the good captain.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I think I might go to the chip shop for my tea…
      And so it came to pass. Haddock and chips, and very nice too

The days are drawing in, though but. Nearly dark when I got back

Comment

Ooh-err missus: UK Psychedelic Rock Legends Pink Fairies Return With New Album ‘Resident Reptiles’

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The days are drawing in, though but. Nearly dark when I got back
          It amazes me every year.

Nearly at the stage when it gets dark at 20:00, the 3M evening teabreak time back in the day.

Currently watching the sinkhole thing on 5+1.

From the looks of things, buying a house that's on a filled in Cornish ?tin? mine is A Very Bad Idea Indeed.

Then again, sinkholes ain't exactly rare in Neath.

I was vastly amused to read of someone who wanted to know what this concrete thing was in his garden.

It was the cap on a mine shaft.

Of which there are a rather alarming number in this area.

Lots of Hawkwind friends & relations in that.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 August 2018, 21:40.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's main feature, after a bit more of the BBC thing about Freddie Mills during dinner, was One Hour Photo (2002), with Robin Williams in excellent non-humorous form as a photo processing guy who becomes obsessed with one particular family whose photos he processes. Very bleak, and Williams' character is quite disturbing at times

It's cooling down a little, at least out in the kitchen. Probably take a couple of days for that to permeate through to the front half of the building, though

Goodnight all

Comment

17.1 deg C in the laundry room, min was 16.8.

20.2 deg C in here.

Must find a jumper.

Shortly we shall see how late/on time/delayed/cancelled this morning's train shall turn out to be.

On time, apparently.

Wonders will never cease.

And so it proved, with the added advantage that I managed to avoid stabbing assorted cyclists despite an uncontrollable urge so to do.

Well there's interesting then.

"They're" removing good projectors and leaving dusty old crap in its place.

I thought only 2nd hand car dealers did such things.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 August 2018, 08:34.

Comment

Didn't get wood on the way home last night. I showed a sample of what I wanted to the man at the timber merchants (double bull nose architrave, fyi) who said they could make it for £40 which, given i'd bought some single bullnose from wickes for £34, seemed perfectly reasonable. So I went away to have a proper measure up so as to be 100% certain I was getting the right amount.

After that, lots of sanding down old skirtings and measuring up to determine where they might be supposed to fit

Oh and a lamb, chickpea and spinach curry from t'freezer washed down with a couple of tins of strongbow

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, but nowhere near as hot as it's been

Just need to get the flat to cool down too

Comment

Opening the windows would help.

Just been attempting with zero success to log into the bt thingie for the broadband.

Naturally enough, either I've completely forgotten how to do this since the last time or the password is fecked.

I finally discovered how the feck to make it work.

I'm getting too old for this tulipe.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 August 2018, 11:09.

Comment

2 data mapping spreadsheets containing VERY different values. Looks like my one is out of date

WTF does 'marital status' need to be anything other than a binary response for anyway?

And why have 1000 Indians descended on me to ask what the impact is on the other 200 reference data fields 5 minutes after i've spotted this issue.

I was quite enjoying today up till this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X