• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all back in the land of invoicing today.

CBS, etc.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

somewhat muggy and grey in Manchester...

still the quiet roads make for an easier drive

but as most people are on holiday as well it really is a case of trying to find something to do to kill the time until it's time to go home I suppose.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny and, unsurprisingly, warm here

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Today's first feature, during which I had to take a cold shower due to the unbearable heat & humidity Cameron Diaz, was "Bad Teacher.
          FTFY

Comment

I am adding all people who call themselves 'joiners' onto my sh!t list. I can't find one who is free to do some work, able to turn up at the agreed time to look at some work which needs doing, or even answer the phone to say they're too busy, on holiday, or just cba

On this basis, I have spent half an hour watching you tube videos of how to scribe skirting board joints and decided to crack on myself, which is proving more successful that I would have previously expected.

Barry 1-0 Joiners

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              I am adding all people who call themselves 'joiners' onto my sh!t list. I can't find one who is free to do some work, able to turn up at the agreed time to look at some work which needs doing, or even answer the phone to say they're too busy, on holiday, or just cba

On this basis, I have spent half an hour watching you tube videos of how to scribe skirting board joints and decided to crack on myself, which is proving more successful that I would have previously expected.

Barry 1-0 Joiners
              It's the corners/angles which are the difficult bits but there are tools which make it easier....

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Had a lovely doze at lunchtime.

Made up for the disturbed sleep last night after the joy that was "The Mexican".

I still think the dog was the best actor in the damn thing.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Pâté on toast for lunch

Comment

The Strangelove Mater would be appalled but I purchased some green gooseberries from Morrisons yesterday.

They were reduced to 9p/carton so I took 2 cartons.

They'll keep the free green gooseberries in the freezer company for several years, at a guess.

And it's nearly time to offbugger down the hill again.

Talk about wishing your life away.

I'll be doing exactly that for the next 6 to 8 months.

I wonder if I'll last until Easter.

Baaaaastaaaaard!

I have to keep paying Employee NI until State Pension Age, not 65.

So that's fecking July then.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 August 2018, 15:25.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X