• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having made space in the shed for the imminent arrival of a motor mower for the next door neighbours, the garage is now even fuller than it was previously, with the addition of a MIG welder, a gas welding set, and a buzz box arc welder.

I really must get rid of some of this junk that hasn't been used in years.

Sadly that's not exactly likely.

Ho hum.

Now to mow one lawn and one lawn only, just to make a point, like.

During the shed emptying, I found that lots of aerosols of paint were empty of propellant.

Aside from two which weren't, leading to a nice fountain of pretty colours when I punctured the cans before I burn the bastards.

A giant plastic bottle of car shampoo purchased by Strangelove Pater proved to be lacking in integrity and ejaculated shampoo everywhere when I incautiously picked it up off the shelf.

Not sure quite why he bought 5 litres of chainsaw oil but there you go.

There's also a log splitter of unknown origin and doubtful utility.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 April 2019, 15:40.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Today's countdown contestant was quite good - gulp! I'm facing him tomorrow - nice clean video cassette at the ready.

Play along at home folks - 2:10 Channel 4 - you be sure of it.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Today's countdown contestant was quite good - gulp! I'm facing him tomorrow - nice clean video cassette at the ready.

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Not sure quite why he bought 5 litres of chainsaw oil but there you go.

There's also a log splitter of unknown origin and doubtful utility.
            Reconsidered this, maybe the 5 litres of chainsaw oil came from the same place as the log splitter, from the abandoned shed next door when the house got repossessed.

This would make more sense since he was frightened of the chainsaw & never used it.

The mowing of the single lawn has taken place.

It's a lot less stressful than mowing all fecking 6.

I'm not sure the new neighbours are used to the idea of gardening, which begs the question of exactly why you'd buy a house with such a big garden.

But there you go, that's wot makes horse races.

Or something

Comment

here you go

YouTube

good luck

Comment

Back on the important business of ripping the 36 CD set of Dylan live in 1966. Currently ripping disk 23 (Edinburgh, 20 May 1966) while listening to the second half of the Manchester gig from three days before

Comment

Tea/dinner this evening was lentil <pffffft> soup which was ok in its way, saltless.

Followed by yet more of that fecking turkey.

This evening's televisual epics were TBBT and "Smokin' Aces (2006)".

Mr Reese's friend from Person of Interest was in it with a 50 cal Barrett.

Smokin' Aces (2006) - IMDb

I rather enjoyed that, mindless though it was, it was more fun and better written and directed than a lot of what I've watched over the last month or so.

Comment

Tea has been chicken dhansak out of the freezer, with the usual rice and naan. Very toothsome

And the recycling bin has been trundled forth, for the refuse disposal operatives aren't getting Good Friday off. Hope they at least get time-and-a-half

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Smokin' Aces (2006) - IMDb

I rather enjoyed that, mindless though it was, it was more fun and better written and directed than a lot of what I've watched over the last month or so.
                      Hadn't heard of that, but it seems OK from the summary. Added to the list

Comment

Working...
                      X