• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Once again: at the dentist.
    One hundred minutes in the chair

He thinks he might have dealt with all the roots, but the final one is from the twisty little passages department, making it hard to be certain. So now I have to wait a couple of weeks to see how it goes

Comment

Dear Deity.

I was beginning to worry.

I'm in the dentists on Tuesday.

Hopefully not for 100 minutes.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Dear Deity.

I was beginning to worry.

I'm in the dentists on Tuesday.

Hopefully not for 100 minutes.
        Could have been worse; I could have been the next patient, who'd had to wait for the extra forty minutes my treatment took

Comment

Probably not as bothered as the full waiting room was when I fainted after writing the cheque.

Comment

well the interview went, I think well, but unfortunately no news yet so I have to wait

Went to 'graduation day' at my daughter's school, they sang a series of songs including that annoying M&S advert about "where only you & I know" wore paper mortar boards and grinned a lot. Totally sweet.

Waiting for to pick up Miss V major from work before I can have a beer. My Kids stop me from being an alcoholic
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm exhausted after the first semi-final. And proud...[emoji1221]
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Almost time for my flight home. Got the gate, inbound is 5 mins early. Let’s just hope that a golfer doesn’t cause me any delays.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Forgot I was supposed to be chewing-averse after today's dental adventure, but luckily the dinner I prepared was slow-cooked lamb stew out of the freezer. All very tender anyway, as well as absolutely delicious

I see there's been rain and thunder making its merry way across the country, yet it somehow managed to pass about ten miles north of here, so it's still bone dry but now rather close too

Comment

The source of the increasingly odd smell in the laundry room was traced, finally, to an unopened bag of Morrisons Jersey potatoes (reduced).

The bag was swelling well and when I picked it up it leaked a most malodorous liquid.

So that's £1 of spud consigned to the compost heap since the smell was so foul I couldn't be arsed to do anything different.

Never had that happen before with spuds.

Had a swede that was rotten from one end to the other a few weeks ago.

But that didn't stink nearly as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      The source of the increasingly odd smell in the laundry room was traced, finally, to an unopened bag of Morrisons Jersey potatoes (reduced).

The bag was swelling well and when I picked it up it leaked a most malodorous liquid.

So that's £1 of spud consigned to the compost heap since the smell was so foul I couldn't be arsed to do anything different.

Never had that happen before with spuds.

Had a swede that was rotten from one end to the other a few weeks ago.

But that didn't stink nearly as bad.
                      I've had the spuds-at-the-back-of-the-cupboard situation, and it's a foul reek that emanates once they start to deliquesce

Comment

Working...
                      X