• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTA outside the window. Woman rear ended by a trucker, now on a spinal board. Traffic light on the floor. The truck appears undamaged.

Edit - Rumour has it a pedestrian stepped out, she weighed anchor and was then shunted into the traffic light
    Last edited by barrydidit; 6 April 2018, 11:15. Reason: more stuff

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      RTA outside the window. Woman rear ended by a trucker, now on a spinal board. Traffic light on the floor. The truck appears undamaged.
      Bummer

Haven't had an RTA at the pedestrian crossing outside for a while.

Comment

Mushroom soup for lunch. It's not so bad, all things considered.

Comment

Prescription collected (including being taken aside to a private room by the pharmacist for what was described as an "annual medication review" - the last time this happened was, as I recall, about three years ago), and shopping done

And now, a couple of "southern fried" chicken thighs from Sainsbury's hot food counter for lunch

Comment

You'd think Chef would have some capability for dealing with the common task of determining if a database already exists on a server and, if not, creating it.

There is in fact a cookbook that, among other things, did just that; but it's now deprecated, and the people at Chef responsible for it say that it's so terrible that they can't recommend using it, and it's also completely unmaintainable so they can't bring it up to date

So I've written my own quick-and-dirty recipe to do it on Postgres (which doesn't support the CREATE 'dbname' IF NOT EXISTS syntax used on MySQL), and it works just fine for my purposes

Comment

The Dog (tw) has been walked in the sunshine. Lovely evening here.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

My final day at ClientCo clashes with the AWS Summit. Booked for it anyway; just have to hope CC are OK with me coming in Tue-Wed-Fri that week

It would be better to do Mon-Tue-Wed, but Mon is a Bank Holiday

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Morning all

The Kashmir has been renovated! Well...a bit. At least to early 90's standards. Fortunately, the curry was just as awesome as ever (meat and spinach with plain naan ~£7).

In other indications of Bradford moving towards the 21st century, I spotted a white dog turd on the pavement this morning.
                  God, that brings back memories! Was a student in Bradford late 80's, early 90's. Kashmir was one of many haunts we used to go too!
                  Beer
                  is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Classic post on Yateley Community facebook page -

"I'm pretty sure it's the guy with the astroturf front. Has really upset the goldfish. It's not on."

Any guesses as to context?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Classic post on Yateley Community facebook page -

"I'm pretty sure it's the guy with the astroturf front. Has really upset the goldfish. It's not on."

Any guesses as to context?
                      The bonzo dog doo dah band??

Comment

Working...
                      X