• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Traveling with TGU today. Flight delayed as well
    TGU

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Traveling with TGU today. Flight delayed as well
      TGU
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGU

I'm going for Transglobal Underground

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGU

I'm going for Transglobal Underground
        Me too, unless i receive Enlightenment

Comment

The Gay Umbrella

A delayed flight is likely to be the least of his concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            The Gay Umbrella

A delayed flight is likely to be the least of his concerns.
            Could be worse, could be the 'little umbrella'

Comment

Scouse for tea

And as it's best suited to horrid weather, a belt of heavy rain started passing over just as it was ready

Comment

Could be worse, could be the 'little umbrella'
                You've had that dubious honour too? One does miss the navy life, though perhaps not that particular aspect..

Comment

Nick, for your late night viewing, can I recommend "In Order Of Disappearance" - it's on BBC iPlayer for about another week. Norwegian film, referred to as a black comedy, but basically there's a lot of bad people get killed and one or two bits that will have you laughing.
                  Watched it, and it's absolutely excellent!

It had me racking my brains trying to work out why the Serbian Godfather, Papa, was so familiar. Finally I turned to IMDb: he's played by Bruno Ganz, who gave that stunning performance as Hitler in Downfall.

And that led to me re-watching The Baader Meinhof Complex (2008), in which he also appears. I commented on it last time I watched it:

Watching The Baader Meinhof Complex. God, Andreas Baader was an utter cock

Terrible disrespect they all showed to their hosts' culture when they were in the terrorist training camp in Jordan, too
                  I forgot to mention there that Ulrike Meinhof was also a terrible person for attempting to have her children taken, without her, to a refugee camp for Palestinian orphans in Jordan, in the belief that they would there be raised in accordance with her political principles. Luckily for the children, this monumental stupidity was prevented and they were returned to their father in Germany

And, for the record, I still can't remember who I was referring to in 2007 when I wrote:

I still think my favourite Wikipedia extract is the one describing a friend of mine's personal and professional life undergoing utter collapse leading to years of misery and failure, after which some git has added a "citation needed" link
                  though there aren't that many people I've known who had a Wikipedia page back then, or now

Goodnight all

Comment

TGU
                    The Great Unwashed
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all flight was delayed over an hour. Arrived at the hotel to find they stopped serving food at 9.30.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X