• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppose I'd better get to sleep too

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit cloudy out

Happy coq-au-vin-at-the-local-gastropub day to all the mothers out there

Comment

Morning all windy night here, possibly due to that single shandy I had yesterday while watching the rugby.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I need to get a moderately early night tonight, as we're surprising my Mum with a family dinner tomorrow. My brother's picking me up on his way down from further north, so at least I don't have to bother driving.
          Turns out I was misinformed, and no dinner was involved; we just visited for a while. So I'm home again, and going to have a bit of roast chicken for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Morning all windy night here, possibly due to that single shandy I had yesterday while watching the rugby.
            Aye, right

Comment

oh, - afternoon all.
              left over hash browns, fried eggs with a dusting of parmesan and hot paprika for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Aye, right

I'll give you this much, Scotland played very well during the second quarter of the match. Other than that, I think both results went the way of the better teams on the day.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  oh, - afternoon all.
                  left over hash browns, fried eggs with a dusting of parmesan and hot paprika for lunch
                  Nice

Comment

I've spent the last few hours dealing with the fact that my little side project was getting very slow. A bit of tweaking later, including ripping out an entire model class (corresponding to a database table) that was, in fact, contributing nothing that couldn't be achieved with a Boolean field on the model it referenced, and Postgresql is much happier.

Interesting that having to do that one extra join prevented it from using several indexes that don't seem directly related. But trying to understand the arcane ways of the query planner is too much hassle for a Sunday afternoon

Mind you, I still suspect some further improvement could be achieved if the tweets table didn't have over 1,700,000 rows

But it's saved me the hassle and real monetary expense of upgrading the database server from AWS's "small", so that'll do for now

Comment

Traveling with TGU today. Flight delayed as well

Comment

Working...
                      X