• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    I need to nick <sic> some slow cooker recipes from you sometime, old chap

(at the risk of getting Mumsnet accusations and ruining my street cred)
    All mine so far basically come down to carrots, onions, celery, meat, appropriate stock (sometimes - chicken soup made with the carcase basically is stock, so no extra needed there), appropriate herbs, and possibly booze - red wine, beer, or stout with beef; white wine with chicken (casserole, not soup)

Today's also has a leek in it, as I went past the leeks while in Sainsbury's and remembered I was supposed to be trying to get in the habit of using them. Oh, and a dollop of concentrated tomato purée. And I slung some Worcester in while I was browning the beef.

Oh, and salt and pepper to taste.

Comment

The council kindly sent me a bill for Council Tax. Nice to know they haven't forgotten me

Just paid it for the year. One less thing to worry about

Comment

It's raining. This is a good thing because I get to stay in here where it's nice and warm and listen to it, rather than have to drive through it

Comment

More laundry done, and a fairly large batch of chips brought up to stage 2 - some for tonight, the rest for the freezer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            All mine so far basically come down to carrots, onions, celery, meat, appropriate stock (sometimes - chicken soup made with the carcase basically is stock, so no extra needed there), appropriate herbs, and possibly booze - red wine, beer, or stout with beef; white wine with chicken (casserole, not soup)

Today's also has a leek in it, as I went past the leeks while in Sainsbury's and remembered I was supposed to be trying to get in the habit of using them. Oh, and a dollop of concentrated tomato purée. And I slung some Worcester in while I was browning the beef.

Oh, and salt and pepper to taste.
            OK, i'll carry on as usual then, with garlic and chillis on occasion

Comment

OK, i'll carry on as usual then, with garlic and chillis on occasion
              I just try something new from time to time. Sticking the tomato purée in today was something I'd seen in recipes, so I gave it a go - just a spoonful of Sainsbury's double concentrate. I just had a taste of the casserole to see if the seasoning needed adjusting (it didn't), and it tastes so nice that my life is empty for the next hour or so until it's ready

It's definitely the tomato that's made the difference. It doesn't taste of tomato as such, but there's an undercurrent of it that's giving it this wonderful sweetness.

So yep, carry on, but it's worth bunging summat different in there once in a while and seeing how it turns out

Comment

I just try something new from time to time. Sticking the tomato purée in today was something I'd seen in recipes, so I gave it a go - just a spoonful of Sainsbury's double concentrate. I just had a taste of the casserole to see if the seasoning needed adjusting (it didn't), and it tastes so nice that my life is empty for the next hour or so until it's ready

It's definitely the tomato that's made the difference. It doesn't taste of tomato as such, but there's an undercurrent of it that's giving it this wonderful sweetness.

So yep, carry on, but it's worth bunging summat different in there once in a while and seeing how it turns out
                so the occasional scotch bonnet should be ok, then?

Comment

so the occasional scotch bonnet should be ok, then?
                  Whatever floats your bonnet

Comment

Whatever floats your bonnet

Comment

The casserole has proved to be a tremendous success

It'll be even better after resting overnight, so that's something to look forward to when I'm living out of the freezer midweek

Now to settle down and watch something on the box, with the Guinness (Original, of course) that didn't go in the casserole

Comment

Working...
                      X