• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Sitting with my back to the window, I've been able to get through three chapters of my book without putting the light on. Quite a good idea, these lighter evenings
    Said book: Ninety Percent of Everything by Rose George

Very good, it is

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Sitting with my back to the window, I've been able to get through three chapters of my book without putting the light on. Quite a good idea, these lighter evenings
      Yes, they are, aren't they? - i wonder who thought of it?

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Very windy out. Rain on the way, too

Comment

Another flight from AerLatus, managed to get bumped to an earlier one, which took off from LHR 5 minutes early. Circled over Dublin in bumpy conditions for half an hour.
            That’s just about forgotten after a couple of pints of the black stuff.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

'Tis ok for those with leisure time, I was busily making lentil soup and painting a shelf with gloss.

The tulipe the builders next door have left is amazing.

I've tracked black footprints all over the floor in the kitchen and I can't mop it up because they've fecked up both mops and the bucket.

Just chucked the dishwater over the path outside in a vain attempt to clear some more of the tulipe away, that which I didn't manage to brush along and that the rain hasn't managed to wash away.

Very inspired at the way the glorious sunny day disappeared as soon as it was time to stagger off to the station.

Ho hum.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, wet, and windy out

Comment

Morning all no dog to walk today instead, a view of the clouds shrouding the hills around Dublin.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It was as wet as an otter's pocket on the way to the station.

This end, surprisingly enough, was precipitation free.

The ongoing dig up every ******* pavement in the town remains ongoing.

Not to mention digging up all the roads too.

It makes a pleasant change that it's not the gas board doing it this time, instead it's the delusions of grandeur emanating from what passes for a council.

I think it's time I retired and joined the Xogg club.

Do I need to buy an old van?

Just askin' like.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 May 2018, 08:02.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X