• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all overcast, but not currently raining here. I wonder what excuse AerLingus will have for delaying the flight this evening.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Just bought The World at War for the third time. First was DVD; then the restored version on DVD which, however, was zoomed to fit widescreen tellys and therefore cropped at top and bottom; and now another restoration, this time on Blu-ray, uncropped in the original aspect ratio.

Eventually my flat will be completely filled with ever-improved versions of The World at War except for a small void in which my mummified remains will be found, crushed beneath them.
      Could be worse, you could have 3 copies of

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337741/

with the fourth copy, by great good fortune, having "The Hangover" instead of the original dvd.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1119646/?ref_=nv_sr_1

The greatness of the good fortune is unassessed since I ain't watched it yet & said dvd looks like it's been used as a coaster.

Fly my lovely, Fly...

https://www.electronicsweekly.com/bl...fully-2018-05/

https://www.festo.com/group/en/cms/10238.htm
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 May 2018, 07:55.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch as Tuesday: roast pork and apple sauce in wholemeal bap, bag of crisps (plain)

I think I put my foot in it earlier. Explaining a new thingy they wanted me to do, I was shown a document describing a new service ClientCo are offering to their clients, which included a sentence along the lines of “For {service that they resell}, we will be providing management.”

I pointed at the latter clause and cheerfully said “Well, that’ll be a nice change!”

They didn’t seem to find this as amusing as I did

Ah well, one more week

Comment

Is it too early for? Yes, because I have to drive home from LHR. Instead, sitting here in the AerLatus lounge, in the quiet area listening to a haw haw of English middle managers trying to outdo each other with tales of daring do. Or to be more precise they are discussing what salt is, comparing dishwasher salt to table salt to pink Himalayan mountain salt to sea salt. In the quite lounge, but sitting 10 metres away from me at a suitable level that the conversation is clear.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Home, and weekend!

Three more days. One more week. In theory, 420 miles, though the trip to London next Wednesday afternoon and back again on Thursday means it'll be more than that

Comment

Phone call from my mother. She was baffled by my offhand mention of having paid the VAT bill yesterday, so I got to explain all over again how I own a company and charge VAT on my invoices, then give it to the government, and no it isn't my money and doesn't cost me anything

A while back when I was visiting, she was telling me about their new neighbours a few doors down, and how he was in IT and was director of his own company, working for all different clients down in London and other places. I pointed out that I'm in IT, and am director of my own company, working for all different clients in various places. She just looked at me vaguely, clearly not making the slightest connection between my "temping", as they tend to think of it, and the neighbour's business

Comment

Chilli, again for dinner, i love the way the flavours develop in the fridge for a couple of days.
                it's magic, i tell you, - Magic!

Comment

Just fired up the Super Monkey Car, which is going for its MOT in the morning. Not sure if it will repeat last year's triumph, but if not really moving at all is good for it, then it may well

I really must start using it more. This was the first time it had even been started this year

To its credit, it started almost immediately, and was running reasonably smoothly after a minute or so. I took it to the petrol station for a fill, as it had less than half a tank of (presumably stale) petrol, then drove the long way back - a mile and a half, maybe. It went perfectly well, so fingers crossed for the morning

Comment

Rather enjoyed this week's "Timeless".

"Deepstate" seems to be getting darker & darker.

Final ep of "Homeland" this Sunday.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ribeye steak and chips for tea

Comment

Working...
                      X