• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Bunging a couple of fit young geezers from down the pub a couple of quid to move it for you??
    I think that is what Mrs WTFH is doing while WTFH is shovelling....

Comment

It's not Monday, but if it was, I'd want this time waster on Nick's Links...

Family Guy Yourself
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Genuine conversation with a developer:
        "Hi WTFH"
        "Hi Dev"
        "You were about to tell me the name"
        "The name of what?"
        "Yes"

Comment

Laundry done

And, more importantly, lunch had: some chicken and vegetable soup out of the freezer, with wholemeal toast

And I popped out the back to start the Toyota up in case the battery was draining, as it's over six weeks since it's been started. Started straight away, so I ran it for a few minutes and it seems fine

The battery on the Orion was already flat, because I'm a neglectful wretch who doesn't deserve to be the registered keeper of such a wonderful piece of engineering

Anyway, I've got one of those small lithium ion battery jump starter thingies I keep in the glove compartment, so I brought that in to charge it up, though it's almost fully charged anyway.

Comment

if it's been flat for some time, it's probably fecked.
            it might start, but it won't hold a charge.
            Which reminds me of the current halfords ad.
            if your car wont start, bring it to halfords and we'll fit a new battery.
            WTF????

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Laundry done

And, more importantly, lunch had: some chicken and vegetable soup out of the freezer, with wholemeal toast

And I popped out the back to start the Toyota up in case the battery was draining, as it's over six weeks since it's been started. Started straight away, so I ran it for a few minutes and it seems fine

The battery on the Orion was already flat, because I'm a neglectful wretch who doesn't deserve to be the registered keeper of such a wonderful piece of engineering

Anyway, I've got one of those small lithium ion battery jump starter thingies I keep in the glove compartment, so I brought that in to charge it up, though it's almost fully charged anyway.
              Why do you have 2 cars? Is it one for each of your brains?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

If it's a car you don't use that often, or the battery doesn't hold its charge well, get one of these:
                https://www.amazon.co.uk/AA-Solar-Po...Y?ref=ast_p_ep

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Why do you have only 2 cars?
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    if it's been flat for some time, it's probably fecked.
                    it might start, but it won't hold a charge.
                    Which reminds me of the current halfords ad.
                    if your car wont start, bring it to halfords and we'll fit a new battery.
                    WTF????
                    The Toyota's not flat at all

Actually, I haven't checked the Orion in a bit - I was just assuming it may be flat. But it could be OK. I put a new battery in there a few months ago…

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Why do you have 2 cars? Is it one for each of your brains?
                      Because nobody gets rid of an Orion Mk II 1.6i Ghia voluntarily

Comment

Working...
                      X