• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork chops, chips, and peas for dinner - with lashings of gravy, of course

One chop would have been enough as they were quite big; but I had two, so there we go

Apparently there's been football this evening, as the people of that ilk who walk there are heading home outside.

Comment

And whilst eating I started watching the last of the Blitz programmes, about the ruined church I used to walk past in Bristol. I'd guessed that the park in which it stands had probably been a built-up area that was wiped out in the war, and it turns out it was the real centre of Bristol until that night, where all the shops like M&S were and what have you. Said shops are now down the hill in wretched concrete developments of more recent construction.

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I wasn't going to watch any telly tonight, but then I decided to cram in a short Wallander, where "short" means "one part and only a little over ninety minutes long": Steget efter (One Step Behind). It was directed in a rather different and bleaker style than the last one I watched, although still being one of the ones with Rolf Lassgård. Pretty good, I thought.

And then I decided to have a watch of The West Wing, as a reminder of what it used to be possible to imagine politics could be like. Last time I spent any time watching it, I ended up skipping a number of episodes of the first season to get to to something more exciting, so I went back to resume there, the first skipped episode being Enemies. It turned out to be one of those with a minor political hook on which to hang some slightly whimsical fluff about the characters and their relationships, which are always the least interesting episodes, but there we go

Goodnight all

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all No more snow overnight, but what had melted then re-froze. Clear skies now

Comment

:

Comment

No snow here at all last night (too far South I suppose)

GF's sister mentioned they had some in Guildford.
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post

No snow here at all last night (too far South I suppose)

GF's sister mentioned they had some in Guildford.
                    Still snow here, most has melted though. I'm south of Guildford

Comment

clear blue and king billy here

Comment

Working...
                      X