• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowed for a bit here after I got back on the bike but has given up now and is just raining.

I case anyone was wondering 100 miles on a turbo trainer hurts.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Good fall of snow this morning, but the rain's washed a lot of it away now

Comment

Siabod cafe for lunch. In Snowdenia. Watching all the walkers come in freezing. Why not drive?

Comment

Marmalade made, shed now water tight, unlike me, who is drenched to the skin.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            I’ve resorted to making marmalade.
            Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Marmalade made

The world is a changing place, though not always for the better....

Now millennials are killing marmalade | Metro News

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Why is Gin called mother's ruin? I am sure it is children who ruin mothers.

And those mothers unlucky enough to be married to me....
              its other CUK posters ruining Mrs BP!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post

The world is a changing place, though not always for the better....

Now millennials are killing marmalade | Metro News

Journalism then: Watergate, Profumo, Thalidomide.

Journalism now: "Six randoms on social media said something about a thing, so I'll pretend it's a matter of huge concern"

Seriously, I saw a story the other day that was going on about M&S being "embroiled" in a "storm of criticism" and all that kind of overblown language. If you read the story closely, you realised the "storm" was actually six mildly critical, and possibly light-hearted, posts on a thread on Mumsnet from several months earlier

Comment

The marmalade contained some 2001 Highland Park (it’s not Whiskey, but it’s quite good).

Now TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just for a change, I managed to make a Sunday dinner on a Sunday: roast leg of pork, with the trimmings

I kind of messed up the timing of the start, though, so it ended up being ready around half ten tonight

Comment

No telly tonight, other than the surgeons while I was eating dinner. The heart-lung machine bit was interesting

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X