• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs BP now catching up on McMafia.

I could not work out why it was called that! She did. Its due to the McDonalds reference.

Of course, one of the characters is Milan's brother Karel....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Afternoon denizens

Gloomy, grey, rainy day out there today

Miserable day - had planned to get under the car and change the cat but my days of being enthusiastic (or stupid) enough to get wet fixing the motor have long since gone

Looks like a similar day tomorrow too, so likely to be next weekend's job unless we have some stunning weather in the week and I take some time out from working to do it

Instead, we cleared out the spare room in advance of putting the house back on the market after losing our buyers before xmas.
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
        Looks like a similar day tomorrow too, so likely to be next weekend's job unless we have some stunning weather in the week and I take some time out from working to do it
        It's rumoured that the weather will get a little warmer midweek, at least in some areas

Comment

Shed mostly built. I’m knackered
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's rumoured that the weather will get a little warmer midweek, at least in some areas
            Jamaica - Montego Bay?

Comment

While eating, I was watching the surgeons programme off BBC2, as nothing goes as well with fine dining as watching (spoiler alert) somebody having a third of their face literally sawn off, in HD
              My parents were on the phone earlier, and asked if I'd been watching it. I told them I'd just started catching up with it on iPlayer. They said "Have you seen the one where they put the patient on the heart lung machine, like you were?"

I told them I hadn't got to that bit yet, to which they replied "Oh well then, we won't spoil it for you."

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Wot Scourer said

Comment

Evening all

DIY day here today. Measuring up windows and trying to decide whether to keep the existing wooden frames (and add new secondary glazing) or buy new ones. The issue is that we still have the original 1930s stained glass in the tops of the windows and so want to find a solution where we can keep them.

Also on the incitement of Mrs covbob took a chisel and attacked the flat side of one of the internal doors. Turns out that a previous occupant had pinned/glued crappy board to the room side of all of the internal doors. With that removed we've revealed the original panels on both sides, pretty much in decent nick. That'll be a sand/refill/paint or stain job on them all to get rid of the pin holes and glue marks. The panels really do look better than the painted board!

We've now got a list of things to improve on the house. At least it will keep me busy for a few years...

Comment

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X