• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Back to overcast here today, though still quite bright

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all

3 hours into a working invoicing day. Nice sunrise over Portland Bill and some high level clouds coming in over the Cobb
      Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Morning denizens

Back to overcast here today, though still quite bright
      Morning all, clear blue and king billy here again

Comment

Beautiful day here in the sunny South. First topless drive of the year this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Beautiful day here in the sunny South. First topless drive of the year this morning.
          Driving to Australia?

Comment

I've started the process of renewing my passport, which I find expired ten years ago come July. I haven't actually left the country this millennium.

It's so we can go to visit the grave of my great uncle, who was killed in the Great War and is buried at Windy Corner, Cuinchy, on the 100th anniversary of his death in April

Comment

Afternoon all.

Bike ride out of the way early. Trip to the tip done to dispose of assorted junk. Pizza for lunch while I wait for the chap coming to look at a bike I'm selling. Off to look a bathrooms this afternoon. What fun.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Off to look a bathrooms this afternoon. What fun.
                Don't look at mine, it's in a right state

Comment

First topless drive of the year this morning
                  I missed that. Darn it.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It's so we can go to visit the grave of my great uncle, who was killed in the Great War and is buried at Windy Corner, Cuinchy, on the 100th anniversary of his death in April
                    And that led me into much Googling and slinging £3.50 at the National Archives for scans of the Battalion Diary, with the result that I've gone from knowing what date he was killed and where he was buried to knowing when he was probably killed to within a couple of hours, and where to within a radius of half a mile or so.

He was a private so he doesn't get mentioned by name or anything, being lumped in with "heavy casualties", but they didn't move around much after they were ordered to battle positions at 4:45am, and Google Books came up with a map from a scholarly work showing all the locations mentioned - farms, trenches, and so on - in the immediate vicinity of that specific part of the wider battle, as it turned out to be a crucial turning point in the war.

Comment

And that led me into much Googling and slinging £3.50 at the National Archives for scans of the Battalion Diary, with the result that I've gone from knowing what date he was killed and where he was buried to knowing when he was probably killed to within a couple of hours, and where to within a radius of half a mile or so.

He was a private so he doesn't get mentioned by name or anything, being lumped in with "heavy casualties", but they didn't move around much after they were ordered to battle positions at 4:45am, and Google Books came up with a map from a scholarly work showing all the locations mentioned - farms, trenches, and so on - in the immediate vicinity of that specific part of the wider battle, as it turned out to be a crucial turning point in the war.
                      oh, dear

Comment

Working...
                      X