• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dentist appointed, shopping de-shopped, car cleaned by those people in Sainsbury's car park

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Not as chilly as all that - looks are deceiving at the moment.
      Correct - it was quite mild out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Dentist appointed, shopping de-shopped, car cleaned by those people in Sainsbury's car park
        Oh, and most importantly, timesheet approved, though that happened online this morning

Comment

Just went for a walk. I went out the back way and up to the road parallel to the main road, where I found the townward traffic badly backed up. I thought there must be an accident that way but, when I got to the crossroads further up, all became clear: the road that crosses was also backed up, and large numbers of pedestrians - many clad in raiment of a certain shade of blue - were streaming in the same direction.

In other words, football

Comment

Haddock, chips and peas duly consumed.
            well, it IS friday

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Oh, and most importantly, timesheet approved, though that happened online this morning
              Congratulations on your return to the happy world of invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Congratulations on your return to the happy world of invoicing
                Thank you!

Though I have to wait for that to be autogenerated by the self-billing system on Monday

Nice to have the direction of cashflow reversing, though

Comment

As it's Chinese New Year, I went to the Chinese for dinner

The woman had just been complaining that it wasn't very busy when three youngish Chinese gentlemen walked in and engaged her in a long discussion about the menu in one of the Chinese languages before finally placing their order. As that was going on, a young French couple had come in who wanted to have "this, but with chicken" and also had questions about what vegetables came with various things. While dealing with them, one of the delivery drivers arrived, who she needed to get sorted out in terms of receipts and cash so she could get him back out with another delivery, and then the phone went with somebody apparently wanting to change something about an order that was already on the way to them with the other driver, and struggling to grasp that this wasn't really possible. And then my order was ready and needed to be handed over.

Given that she hadn't seemed very happy about how quiet things were a few minutes before, you might have thought she'd be delighted to have all that to deal with simultaneously. But she didn't seem to be at all happy about it. Just shows, there's no pleasing some people

Comment

Tonight I watched another of those films that I assume, from the way it's often referenced in popular culture, every single other person has already seen: Erin Brockovich (2000). Very good, I thought.

And then the first episode of yet another Scandinavian crime drama: Modus. As with all these things it involves frequent pausing to look up some actor with a familiar face, who inevitably turns out to have been in Bron/Broen or Wallander (or both), but it's not their fault they have so few actors over there, and it seems pretty good so far (and also included a graphic scene of a reindeer or some such beast being eviscerated in a snowy forest, just like in The Hunters).

And another episode of The Good Place, though there wasn't so much philosophy in this one.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

3 hours into a working invoicing day. Nice sunrise over Portland Bill and some high level clouds coming in over the Cobb
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X