• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Mild day out there, but grey and overcast

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      I had a bacon and egg sandwich with brown sauce from Birley this morning. Very nice.
      I made myself an egg sandwich in between meetings.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Mild day out there, but grey and overcast
        It's mild with a nice blue sky.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          I had a bacon and egg sandwich with brown sauce from Birley this morning. Very nice.
          Cafe stop on the bike ride yesterday. They didn't quite get what a 16 hungry cyclists would be after (we'd told them we were coming 2 days before).

Bacon sandwiches in "artisanal wholemeal bread" served with mixed leaves of all things and no sauce! And a little pot of tomato or fruit chutney on the side but no cutlery to apply it to the sandwich.

Added to which they had one clueless teenager serving who was still bringing out food orders (cakes, bacon sandwiches, tea, coffee nothing complicated) 40 minutes after some people had finished theirs.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Cafe stop on the bike ride yesterday. They didn't quite get what a 16 hungry cyclists would be after (we'd told them we were coming 2 days before).

Bacon sandwiches in "artisanal wholemeal bread" served with mixed leaves of all things and no sauce! And a little pot of tomato or fruit chutney on the side but no cutlery to apply it to the sandwich.

Added to which they had one clueless teenager serving who was still bringing out food orders (cakes, bacon sandwiches, tea, coffee nothing complicated) 40 minutes after some people had finished theirs.
              No chutney spoon?! Appalling!

Comment

Morning all Parsnip, carrot & lentil soup for lunch.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all Parsnip, carrot & lentil soup for lunch.

Ham and egg baguette from Pret; nice bit of pepper and mustard on it. Washed it down with a can of their own apple juice. I like Pret's philosophy so I'd rather go there than another sandwich shop.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Big news from Chateau Renard... useless PM has declared that he doesn't want me on the next project. That's good because the useful PM wanted me to hang around and has now said he will give me a reference and try to take me back when the other PM is moved elsewhere.
                    ...it's also good because I was planning to take the summer off and do things like gardening, brewing, redecorating and walking The Dog (tw)
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Big news from Chateau Renard... useless PM has declared that he doesn't want me on the next project. That's good because the useful PM wanted me to hang around and has now said he will give me a reference and try to take me back when the other PM is moved elsewhere.
                      ...it's also good because I was planning to take the summer off and do things like gardening, brewing, redecorating and walking The Dog (tw)

Comment

Working...
                      X