• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back at the hotel, where the buzzer at the door to reception did not, as it normally does, result in the night reception guy rapidly appearing to let me in

After several goes, I ventured through the unlocked door into the adjacent Beefeater, which I think I've only been in before back in 2009. I wandered around trying to find somebody, including a brief venture into the kitchen. Eventually I found the spec that's a bit below the ground floor (though hardly far enough to call it a basement) where a few members of staff were having a shutdown chinwag. Turns out the reception chap is expected to lay the tables ready for breakfast, which seems a bit harsh given that he's stuck on reception all alone all night and has to patrol the corridors once an hour.

Anyway, he'd forgotten his remote buzzer. He apologised profusely as he led the way back and let me in. I'm not sure, but I think he said under his breath "It's a good job it's you"

On that basis, I won't be complaining to head office

Comment

Countdown to 16 Nov 2016 16:30

Fifteen hours and a bit? Better spend some of them sleeping

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Countdown to 16 Nov 2016 16:30

Fifteen hours and a bit? Better spend some of them sleeping

Goodnight all

It's only five and a bit hours here until then. Want me to start celebrating for you?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

2 trains cancelled so next train is 40 minutes away.

Can't really claim a refund when I was told about it before I bought my ticket. I'm sure others will try it though
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tonight I will NOT be staying in the office until 9pm.

Comment

Then the first train leaving was delayed another 10 minutes so that's 30 minutes late.

I can claim a grand total of £5.50 back yippee

Comment

Nick,

If you were in Japan you would be nearly home now.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Nick,

If you were in Japan you would be nearly home now.

It's a long way from here to Cambridgeshire!

Comment

Morning Campers

A little bleary this morning as we went to see the old Two Tone band The Specials last night.
                    Was nice to see so many fellow old relics out and about, was a cracking show.

The venue, The Troxy was a real art deco cracker (just waiting for the news that they will want to tear it down and build flats ), the floor level seats were removed for the gig.

The sound was excellent too:-

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Morning denizens

Last day, so just got to make a smooth handover.

LOL jk they've got me implementing brand new functionality they'd forgotten they needed until yesterday

I'm glad I put a lot of common functionality into a few jQuery plugins and Python classes

Comment

Working...
                      X