• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Yet more century drivel.

Comment

At least I am ready for work tomorrow. I even managed to cut my nails.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        At least I am ready for work tomorrow. I even managed to cut my nails.
        The toe nails only need seeing to once every 3 months due to the triple iron man.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Trip to Lidl(tm): £15 of assorted Lidl(tm) goodies, most of which I've probably got already.

Tesco: £19 of boring food type stuff.

Railway station: £12.70 for weekly season once the chap in front of me in the queue had his queries sorted out by the ticket seller. Longest 7.5 minutes of my life, after the last 10 minutes in a similar queue before Xmas.

Morrisons: £6 on random stuff that looked like a good idea at the time.
          Mr C bought the electric saw from Lidl on Thursday, in readiness for removing the back box of my car.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

It's April and I've got the sprinkler on in the garden.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              It's April and I've got the sprinkler on in the garden.
              Bizarre. I have been watering too. Tulips are a no show this April. Roses starting to bloom already. Lemons in blossom...I love climate change 🌷
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Watch people run a marathon. Drunk beer. Drinking more beer.

And my "lawn" is half dead.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I was trying to replenish my stock of home-made frozen chips. Put the first batch in, and it turned out the heating/control unit for the deep fat fryer had given up up the ghost at about the same time as the oil reached 160°C. Not very impressed given that it was a brand new replacement I'd bought very recently

I only replaced the original one because the control surfaces were irredeemably tacky due to ten years or so of use. Luckily I hadn't yet taken it to the tip, so I dug it out and slotted it in. (This can be done without having to remove the oil.) Worked first time, and earned itself a reprieve from recycling

Looks like I'll just have to put up with having to twizzle a tacky knob when I want chips

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I was trying to replenish my stock of home-made frozen chips. Put the first batch in, and it turned out the heating/control unit for the deep fat fryer had given up up the ghost at about the same time as the oil reached 160°C. Not very impressed given that it was a brand new replacement I'd bought very recently

I only replaced the original one because the control surfaces were irredeemably tacky due to ten years or so of use. Luckily I hadn't yet taken it to the tip, so I dug it out and slotted it in. (This can be done without having to remove the oil.) Worked first time, and earned itself a reprieve from recycling

Looks like I'll just have to put up with having to twizzle a tacky knob when I want chips
                    take the knob off and pop it through the dishwasher!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      take the knob off and pop it through the dishwasher!
                      Well, it's all parts of the control unit really - the element is about the only clean bit, due to having been submerged in oil all the time

Apparently it's possible to achieve good things in the realm of encrusted oil residue removal using sodium bicarbonate. I had some bicarb in the kitchen cupboard but it appears to have been chucked away, so I shall experiment and report back once I get some

Also, what dishwasher?

Comment

Working...
                      X