• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    And now it's sunny out - sunnier than it's been all day
    It's intermittently sunny here, in between being torrential.

Oh, and that's a zenchury by the way.

In other news, it transpires that B&Q have decent looking bifold doors available at £80, the only question being will it fit in the car.

And I bought a Miele tumble drier.

Feeling poor now.

Apparently it will turn up sometime between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. next Sunday.

I sincerely hope it won't be 7 a.m.

Comment

Despite my intention to have some spag bol for tea, I ended up having kedgeree just to use up some of the vast quantity of frozen fish in the freezer plus 3 of the couple of dozen eggs festering in the fridge.

It was very nice though I went a bit overboard on the chilli.

On a different tack, it's quite funny to see that poster's names don't change in quoted posts when their posting name changes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Giant Alien Lizard View Post
        On a different tack, it's quite funny to see that poster's names don't change in quoted posts when their posting name changes.
        IIRC you can change it to anything; just leave the ID number of the quoted post as it is to make the link back

Comment

Back to trying to sort the kitchen out, and the end wall (opposite the window) has got its first coat of paint.

The logistics of this were trickier than you might expect, as that was where a load of stuff was piled - primarily the new wall units, still in their flat packs, and the worktop that will go on top of the new base unit I built ages ago. All that, and various other bits of junk, had to be moved out of the way. Now I'll have to shift it around again so I can get out to go to the Chinese for dinner

Tomorrow that wall gets its second coat, and I start on the long wall with the chimney breast, which can be done in three stages. Existing wall units need to come down at each end, so I've got to move either all the crockery if I start at the window end, or all the food if I start at the opposite end. Thinking about it, the window end is probably best, as that will get the two biggest new wall cabinets out of the way, which will make it easier to sort out the other end where there's also the base unit to deal with. It's all very complicated

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            And now it's sunny out - sunnier than it's been all day
            Century

Comment

Fish for dinner. I got rid of some plants and then went and got more...
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Fish for dinner. I got rid of some plants and then went and got more...
                You had plants with fish? I hope they were potatoes and carrots.

Good to know you are not Oliver and had more.

Comment

Talking about Oliver, anyone read about Mark Lester in the wail?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Talking about Oliver, anyone read about Mark Lester in the wail?
                    Mark Lester claims he is the father of Paris Jackson | Daily Mail Online

Mr Lester claimed Jackson asked people in his 'inner circle' including actors Macaulay Culkin and Jack Nicholson if they would donate their sperm so he could have a child with Ms Rowe

Comment

To the Chinese for dinner

The lady there was much more relaxed and generally cheery today than she has been for some time. One of the chefs has been ill and she's had to cover various tasks in the kitchen, as well as taking care of the front of house, answering the phone for orders, sorting out the delivery drivers, and whatever else - doing two people's work, basically. But the chef's back now, and she's off to Antigua for a wedding with friends and family next Saturday, so she was pretty happy

Comment

Working...
                      X