• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Popping out the back to see if I can spot the ISS going over
    Saw it!

It was tremendously bright when it first hove into view. It seemed like it passed virtually overhead then, a little past the zenith, it moved into the Earth's shadow. It started to dim, then got visibly redder as well as fainter over the space of ten or fifteen seconds, before finally vanishing completely

Further opportunities over the next few days: ISS – International Space Station Passes UK October 2017

Comment

There’s an app - ISS Spotter - that will give you a 10 day forecast. Free too.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

New week. New gig. 6 hours of the same old mandatory training

Quite why I needed to know the maximum prison sentence under the 2010(?) terrorism act was 14 years, I do not know. Nor that it is mandatory, if one is opening up a bank branch, that one should use the front customer door, rather than a side door, as these are less likely to be a source of lurking bad guys. Common sense enough, I suppose, but hardly worth a whole day rate.

Other frustrations today have included asking a youth in Sainsburys for half a dozen stamps, which he didn't have. He offered me 6 as an alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

Other frustrations today have included asking a youth in Sainsburys for half a dozen stamps, which he didn't have. He offered me 6 as an alternative.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Pie for dinner.
            Quiche & new spuds!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Pie for dinner.
              Steaks have defrosted
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Yes, not my favourite, althoughI do enjoy watching his wife.
                Yes.

She has a couple of good points it must be said.

Her programme on R4 concerning Ladies talking about Cars is rather enjoyable too, though the pictures aren't up to much.

This evening's entertainment was provided by the Dick Strawbridge Chateau thing (which was rather disappointingly involved with gardening for much of it & a romantic dinner for a couple of gentlement batting for the other team), followed by the Timothy Spall episode of the PK Dick season on 4 "Commuter" or some such, which was ok in a reasonably Dickian sort of way.

The evening terminated with S1E12 of Person of Innerest, after which I located the probate docs for ZeitPater and ZeitMater.
                Last edited by zeitghost; 2 October 2017, 21:21.

Comment

Currently watching H2G2 (the remake film from a few years ago)

Comment

What? The one populated by actors who aren't Arthur Dent or Zaphod Beeblebrox and Marvin really really really isn't Marvin?

Shocked of Neath.

I watched 10 minutes & then gave the dvd away.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      What? The one populated by actors who aren't Arthur Dent or Zaphod Beeblebrox and Marvin really really really isn't Marvin?

Shocked of Neath.

I watched 10 minutes & then gave the dvd away.
                      Marvin, the real one, does make an appearance in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X