• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'll go & play with the ZeitBigClock(tm) for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Should I mention that I've never bought anything from them?

Though ZeitMater, during one of our infrequent snow storms some years ago, purchased a remarkably mediocre loaf of bread from them.
      Its Greggs, what else did you expect?

(Sorry Nick )
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Gone on then, drivel
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          I've finally had the job offer from the company in Oz !

And now I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Damn! I got a century without drivelling.....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Driving back from Cardiff on Saturday night, I noticed that Greg's is advertised on one of the services direction signs.
              There's one at the services near Luton. But I'm not driving all the way there when there's one just up the road

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                A days WFH for me since the car is in the garage. It was discovered on Sunday that the rear passenger door didn't lock and feck knows how long it's been like that. So in it went, with the instructions that was the priority task, but that the timing belt also needed replacing and a bunch of other minor niggles. Well they've just called having done all the repairs except the door and they now need permission to take the door panels off, id the part number and get it ordered for tomorrow morning.

What interpretation was put on the word 'priority' I don't know.

To be fair, the door not locking is a security issue, but a worn-out timing belt makes the engine blow up. So maybe they were right to give that a higher priority

The other year an engine blew up a few cars in front of me as we were all accelerating up the slight hill away from the lights on the dual carriageway about a mile down the road. It was very impressive: the huge cloud of acrid smoke completely obscured the road, and entering it at about five miles an hour, I literally couldn't see more than a foot or so past the front end of my own bonnet. I slowed down even more

Comment

Greggs (up the road, not near Luton) has been popped to. Steak bake and sausage roll for (late) lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Greggs (up the road, not near Luton) has been popped to. Steak bake and sausage roll for (late) lunch
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I sometimes wonder about some of my esteemed colleagues.

Esteemed Customer has been pratting about with an LCD display all day "coz it doesn't show anything".

Zeity, in a mere 5 minutes, figures out a)that the contrast pin is at 5V so you'll never see a damn thing, and b) the display requires the contrast pin to be about 6.5V negative with respect to the +5V rail.

A deft twist of the contrast pot puts 0V on the contrast pin, and the display shows something, but very faintly.

The addition of the ZeitExtra1.5VBattery(tm) to take the contrast pin to -1.5V (-6.5V wrt +5V) gives a lovely contrasty display.

How come I know this tulipe when others don't?

Byeee

Comment

Working...
                      X