• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all. What a difference a few days/hours makes.
    -2 etc last week.
    Blowing the proverbial hooley last night
    10oC and calm this morning on the walk.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Calm.

12.2 deg in here, 11.5 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

1022 mBar, 30.179 in Hg, 766.56 Torr, 14.8228 psi, (up from 1011 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 20th of August 2019 the televisor was covering the events of the septic Pacific Islands campaign as far as Iwo Jima, though neglecting Duke Wayne's contribution thereto, whilst mentioning the Japanese soldiers who were still fighting in 1947 until an Admiral (presumably Japanese & one we hadn't hanged) told them it was over, NF watched tv for a change as he'd finished reading his then current books, The Chrysalids being one such.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 out, 34 back. Out was 5 minutes late, back was a minute late.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on as per usual: someone getting dozens of fine demands from that France for vehicles they've never owned nor rented nor stolen. Another chap getting shedloads of fines etc. for a white van he's never owned. DVLA as useless as ever.

TWATO <click> That fecking presenter loves the sound of her own voice, as do they all. But, looking on the bright side, at least she's not Amul fecking Rajan or that other twat Nick fecking Robinson.

Walk (abbreviated) walked. It failed to rain on me.

Entertainment: Oz customs thing: bottle of liquor with a gecko and two seahorses entombed. Taiwan. Woman with 18x the duty free limit of ciggies: AU$3324.16 duty owing: never came back, odd that. Spanish salsa: embedded coke.Couple of university cleaners from that Engerland discovering how expensive three apples and a banana can be. (She, it must be said, sounded eastern european).

"Abilene Town (1946)" with that Randolph Scott cove, and Edgar Buchanan (playing as always: Edgar Buchanan). Oh and some woman singing which doesn't seem to be progressing the plot much. Feck she's singing again. . It's never a good sign. Oh. Battle Hymn of the Republic. That's betterer.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: Submarines E2 on PBS. Enigma. Das Boot. Nice shot of Hedgehog.

A clip of a R4 comedy that was actually funny enough to make me larf: Claire in the Community.

The Bad Skin Clinic: woman with a keloid on her belly button: excised. Woman with Brooke Spiegler Syndrome. Woman with ichthiosis with added rosacea. Chap with an abundance of lipomas.

Dr Pimple Popper: a black chap with psoriasis: a very bad case & very visible since the plaques are white, poor sod. He's younger than me & looks like he's in his 80s. Woman with a fine collection of pilar cysts on her head. Woman with seborrheic keratosis and scabies. The chap with psoriasis looks completely different after treatment: fantastic result.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 January 2024, 23:00.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Bright and breezy out. Cloudy in parts. Currently 10 degrees ('feels like' 8) with a high of 12 expected. Barometer steady at 1023 mBar although it did drop about 10 mBar during the day yesterday.

Was kept awake by windy racket last night. Things seem to have remained intact.

Comment

Lunch: turkey soup and a crust of wholemeal

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            …Inside the Factory, the pasta one NF mentioned the other day.
            I noticed earlier that iPlayer has generated another one, this week about Guinness!

Should be called Inside the Brewery really

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I noticed earlier that iPlayer has generated another one, this week about Guinness!

Should be called Inside the Brewery really
              Featuring a great deal of the camera people trying to avoid all Guinness logos while at the same time filming in what is a tourist attraction full of logos
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Beef, barley and veg soup had for lunch.

Comment

Afternoon conference call with MMtSH complete. Pleasantly mild out too.
                  Lunch was some stuff bought for Christmas but never eaten, that is well past expiry but hadn't been thrown out. (The WifeTM is out today)
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Spag bol for tea

Accompanied by some thing about Kent's joint units which see a copper and a paramedic travelling together to emergencies

Comment

More SwiftUI and SwiftData stuff tonight, though I wasn't very successful. I've hit one of those areas where I'm trying to go beyond the basics but still don't have a clear mental model of how the relevant bits work

And later, more of Breathtaking in which it's April 2020 and they're desperately trying to get hold of PPE while absolutely swamped with Covid patients

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X