• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday evening viewing has been a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Rather breezy out: 32mph with gusts up to 60mph, apparently. But it's supposedly at its peak and will start easing off through the night

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Clear sky out, with just a few wisps of fluffiness here and there. The wind has dropped to ~20mph, the temperature is currently 7°C and getting to 9° later, and the barometers are down to 989/997mB

Comment

Well, that was a windy night.
        Overcast earlier on our walk, and there was a brief shower (that almost felt a bit like sleet, but it's 8oC). The clouds have now blown through and it looks quite pleasant.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Breezy rather than gale.

Chilly in here at 11.8 deg, 11 deg in the kitchen, 10.5 deg in the leanto, 9.5 deg in the saltinghouse.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (up from 994 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 20th of August 2019 WTFH had a list of jobs including cleaning the eglu for the imminent arrival of the guinea fowl, I had lunch, it was clouding over though the sun was coming out, and NF had two colours of toast for lunch.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line, blowing nicely.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage S16 "Oxygen".

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: TWATO.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Smalls met the TD. Airing upstairs.

Cottons met the TD. Airing upstairs.

Half a Teacup of water from TD so, in essence, everything dried on the line.

Did think of going out to Tesco but in the end couldn't be arsed so went for a walk instead.

History's greatest Mysteries: the amber room

Car SOS S11 E1: Riley RMF. Whatever the feck that is. Looked nice one it was done. A chap has one around here somewhere. My dad had a ride in one & he didn't like it. MOT ran out last October.

Another cameo from that Edd China bloke: blowing up a plastic glove with an airhose. .

No sign of workshop Phil these days.

The Mentalist S1 E5 & 6
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 January 2024, 19:22.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Clouds scurrying past generating intermittent sunshine. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a high of 10 expected. Rain forecast early evening. My weather app claims the wind is 'light' but I disagree. The estimated 19 km/h is a gentle breeze yet my observations are more in line with a fresh breeze, with strong breeze gusts. Barometer down to 1009 mBar.

Much rain overnight. Woke me up around 4am.

This morning the toilet flush in the bathroom broke. I suspect it's because the new handle fitted previously was a cheap and nasty effort and made flushing very difficult. You had to exert a specific amount of force in a specific way to get it flush.

Comment

Links are up

I remembered the tag this time

Comment

Lunch: a couple of leftover Southern not-fried chicken drumsticks with a bag of plain crisps

Comment

Tea has been lamb steaks with chips, peas and gravy

Accompanied by Inside the Factory on the subject of stuffed pasta. This included an interesting sidebar on the large Italian community in Bedford, which originated from recruitment for the Stewartby brickworks by the London Brick Company in the postwar period. This was one of the things we noticed when we moved there in the early 1970s. I remember there was a lad called Giuseppe in my class at primary school. For many years Bedford even had its own Italian consulate; the consul was one of our neighbours, living a few doors up the road

Comment

The opal hunters who featured tonight all had reasonably successful ends to their seasons. The series itself ends next week, I think

And I also did a bit of mucking around with SwiftUI, and started reading Breathtaking by Dr. Rachel Clarke, her memoir of the first few months of the pandemic

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Sun not yet fully ris. Cloudy. Dry. Weather app says it's raining and will continue to do so until mid morning. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Barometer up to 1023 mBar

Up early to go to the hygienist and dentist.

Comment

Working...
                      X