• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dull and damp. Raining and that's set to continue for the rest of the day. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Barometer steady at 1015 mBar.

Off to the hairdresser. HWMBO thinks he's dodged coronation coverage as a result of me not being home this morning but doesn't realise I'll be watching it on catch up when I get back

Comment

Got to my parents’ place and discovered my Mum fell again not long after getting home last night and is back in hospital

My Dad doesn’t know much more than that as his deafness makes it difficult for him to follow stuff over the phone. I’m taking him to the hospital this afternoon so we can find out what’s going on

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        TFBSZ
        Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Got to my parents’ place and discovered my Mum fell again not long after getting home last night and is back in hospital

My Dad doesn’t know much more than that as his deafness makes it difficult for him to follow stuff over the phone. I’m taking him to the hospital this afternoon so we can find out what’s going on
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Loony lady 1 does not want to to go out as watching coronation, so looks like Saturday wonk is on me own. Watching coronation! Bah! BORING!

Hope yer ma gets better Fuzzy Knockers.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Well, what a to-do that was!

As mentioned, my Mum was back in hospital. It turned out that when she came home from hospital last night, the ambulance crew dumped her on the couch in the living room. Having a pelvic fracture, she found herself unable to get upstairs to bed - they have a stairlift, but her bedroom isn't near the top of the stairs and she didn't feel up to walking. So I think she decided she'd be OK on the couch until the newly-appointed carer arrived in the morning and could help her upstairs.

But then she fell, whether because she was trying to get up or whatever, and my Dad was already in bed. And she wasn't wearing her panic button because neither of them had been able to remember where it was - by her bed, as it turned out much later - so she ended up stuck on the floor for about five hours.

So when my Dad found her, the paramedics came, and decided it was best she was checked out in the hospital; so off she went again

By the time I got there this morning, my Dad was under the impression she'd been admitted. Visiting starts at 2pm, so there was nothing to do but wait until then and go down to see her.

I went to the chip shop and got us fish and chips for lunch; very nice, by the way. I was slightly shocked to realise that the first time I went to that particularly chippy was over fifty years ago

While we were eating that, who should turn up but the carer - she'd tried earlier in the day too, but my Dad hadn't heard the door. I told her what little I knew, and she ended up leaving a big folder with a care plan and various forms for recording progress, which would be needed once some actual caring was going on, and went on her way.

When the time came, I loaded his wheelchair in the car and off we went. It was pouring with rain by now, so we got soaked just crossing the car park; and then we had to work out where she actually was.

The reception desk at that entrance isn't manned at weekends, so I started hunting around for somewhere to ask, when a passing chap (who, as is the way in hospitals, could have been a trainee nurse or could have been a consultant gastroenterologist because they all look the same in scrubs) spotted my confused look and tried to help. He ended up suggesting that we pick a ward, any ward, and ask there because they could tell us the actual place she was. We ended up at the ward she was in last week, as that's near the lift, where we finally found out she was still in A&E!

So then we had to go there, which involved going back out in the rain, and reception there said she was in Majors and we had to go back out in the rain again and go in the ambulance entrance; and we finally found her!

And it turned out that there was nothing more wrong with her than there had been when she was discharged the previous day, so she could go home!

Except… she could only go if the appropriate care package was in place, and I'd sent the carer away saying she was back in hospital

So then they had to work out which care provider it was, and get in touch with them, and they were finally able to confirm that the carer would come to the house again at half six this evening. Which meant they then had to try to sort out an ambulance to transport her home before then

I took my Dad home, as there wasn't much point staying when she could be getting hustled out the door any minute, and we waited. She finally got home about five, and this ambulance crew was excellent, and got her all the way to bed, and made sure she had her pillows just the way she wanted, and all sorts of things like that. And one of them spotted her panic button among some bedside clutter, so she's got that on now

And once she was all settled, and I'd taken care of a few things she'd forgotten to get the crew to sort out (like giving her a slug of oxycodone, and making sure her landline phone was in easy reach because she spends hours on it chatting) I was finally able to head back home, still in heavy rain for most of the way. I phoned her once I got back, not long ago, and she sounded fine; she was just waiting for the carer to bring her up a bowl of soup for her tea

So that was my nice, relaxing long weekend so far

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Hope yer ma gets better Fuzzy Knockers.
              Cheers folks

Comment

Tea: kebab and chips, as that was by far the easiest option

Not often I have a double takeaway day

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Cheers folks
                  GWSNFM
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Paternal figure has tested positive for Covid, but feels better today than yesterday.

Apart from that, it’s TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No major motion picture premiere tonight, for it was time for a major back-to-back rewatch: Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011), Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014), and War for the Planet of the Apes (2017). Undoubtedly the finest trilogy about apes ever made

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X