• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was the last couple of slices of BBQ belly pork in a wholemeal bap

And a bit later, my new blood pressure monitor arrived. Gave it a try, and it was about normal - OK, to the high side of normal, but the kind of figures that used to make my previous GP shrug and say it was fine. So all I need is for it to stay like that next week when I have to record it online for seven days

And although the nurse said there'd been a backlog at the lab, my test results now appear to be online and all show "Satisfactory, NFA"

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Currently watching a video on rice cookers.

People pay over £100 for one.

The rice takes twice as long to cook than in a saucepan.
      I've been hemming and hawing over buying one of those for ages. I know they take longer, but apparently they do an extremely good job of cooking rice. On the other hand, I don't have rice that often and I've worked out how to make it so that it's good enough for my purposes, so is there any point?

Comment

Having rice on my mind, I chose chicken madras with rice and naan for tea; and very nice it was too

I thought about heading out to Sainsbury's to do the shopping now that's eaten, but I can't be bothered

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          And although the nurse said there'd been a backlog at the lab, my test results now appear to be online and all show "Satisfactory, NFA"

Comment

Much coughing and sneezing. Negative for you-know-what.

I'll be a bit narked if I get it again; maybe that would mean I had the placebo in April last year and the numb arm was a fake reaction

Comment

Last episode of Detectorists watched.

It’s a bit windy down here.

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a TVR Cerbera, currently SORN and MOT-expired in August 2020. Another victim of the plague?

And the gold diggers today were all about doing clever stuff with rubbish and the kind of skills you need to survive in the bush. I assume there's something in the contract to say the camera crew will just let them die if necessary to maintain the pretence that they're out there alone, battling the odds

And then a new episode of Traffic Cops

After that, I took to my bed where, not being as exhausted as last night, I was able to finish my book.

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dull and damp from overnight rain. Currently 10 degrees ('feels like' 8) with a high of 12 expected. Rain forecast all day. Barometer sharply down to 988 mBar.

Up early to go to the dentist. Contemplated rescheduling but they only allow last minute cancellations (without a fee) for covid and they don't open until my appointment time so I can't talk to someone to check if a cold is sufficient excuse or not.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, and damp after a rainy night; it might still be drizzling now. Currently 9°C, aiming for 12°, and the barometers are down to 971/978mB

Apparently the drizzle or light rain will carry on (90% likelihood through the morning), so I ought to have followed my instincts and gone to Sainsbury's last night

Comment

Morning all
                      A dry cough kept me awake most of the night, but otherwise things seem to be settling down.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X