• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Sunny, dry. Chunks of fluff scurrying about. Currently 7 degrees ('feels like' 3) and that's the high for the day. A shower is forecast early afternoon. Barometer up to 1018 mBar.

I was supposed to go to the hairdresser this morning but I'm still coughing and sneezing so I cancelled. A test from my dwindling stash revealed that I'm still positive although the line is fainter compared to the glow-in-the-dark vibrancy of Tuesday's result. Now trying to decide what to do with my day that won't involve too much exertion.

In the interim, I have put assorted tops, bottoms and under garments into the WM and have given the 'Eco Cottons' programme a try because that feels about the level of excitement I can handle right now.

Comment

Eco evidently means "takes a while". The washing is still going.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day again here, and there are occasional light showers. Currently 7°C and only going down from there, and the barometers are back up a bit at 1007/1015mB

My right knee started grumbling again yesterday, for no obvious reason as I didn't do anything beyond walking to the bins and back. It's worse today; I don't think I'll be going anywhere, and I think I'm going to need the knee brace just for getting around the flat. The joys of age!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Eco evidently means "takes a while". The washing is still going.

The Eco cycle on my dishwasher takes loads longer than the hot one, and doesn't dry things as well. Haven't tried the one on the washer-dryer yet

Comment

It's finally finished. I think that was about 2.5 hours

Comment

The cottons wash on the Miele takes over 3 hours, more if you bump the temperature up to 80 or 95.

So I wash the cottons on "Shirts" at 60 deg instead, which only takes an hour and a half.

If I don't do a 60 deg wash now & again it lights a little red light to remind me to do a 60 deg wash to kill the bugs.

With the el cheapo WM2 I do a 20 min empty wash with bleach before I use the thing.

Meanwhile on the 30th of April 2019 I watched the final ep of "Timeless" which rounded off the series with a reasonable ending, unlike "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" which stopped on a cliffhanger with no indication whatever of any conclusion.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 February 2023, 15:31.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sausage cob for a late lunch

Comment

I'm going to have a bath. I don't suppose it'll actually fix my knee, but it's unlikely to do it any harm

Comment

The bath was very pleasant and relaxing, and my knee did actually feel a little better afterwards. Probably just placebo effect, but I'll take it

And then tea was ribs and chips

Comment

Rugby watched, mouse number 50 caught, now TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X