• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

White sky.

Wet.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Cool in here at 16.4 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto.

1014 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (down from 1016 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 3rd of June 2019 NF's parents' Honda was in the process of repair, whilst I'd been to that Cardiff for a meal with Strangelove sis.

Telex machine particularly shiny this morning.

Dream before waking very odd.

The patch of floor in the salting house received its 2nd coat of Lidl(tm) floor paint. I wonder how long ago I bought that paint. It's lasted really well.

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 85%.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 85%.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly (x2) and marmalade (x1) on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about e commerce fraud. It went <click>.

Freecell score: 71%, running average: 85%. Knowing when to quit is good. .

Bored tulipless.

Them next door are back. Bet the cat is happy.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, the last of the apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E2: Triumph TR7 with an abortion of a carb fitted

A combination of The Repaire Shoppe and Unidentified: inside America's UFO investigations, as the fancy and/or ad breaks take my fancy.

Zoo Quest in Colour. With a very young David Attenborough in 16mm negative film stock Colour.

NCIS S19 E11 "All hands". Amusing enough.

Car SOS S10 E1 Fiat Uno Turbo: a fecking rusty wreck with rust added to the rust in case the first rust wasn't rusty enough. Feck me it's a bit rusty. Actually after soda blasting there's not much left.

Stone me they put a lot of work into that, but it looked lovely when it was finished. So that's how they make laminated windscreens.

Still taxed & MOTed so I assume he's not dead yet. Or he is dead & they sold it.

The Lost Lotus: Restoring a Race car: 1950s Lotus Elite with Phil Glenister & that Ant chap. Oh, it's a "For the love of cars" special from the mists of time.

Well that was tedious. Bought: £40k, total: £85k, sold (at auction): £108k (hammer price).
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 May 2023, 08:33.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

The rain looks fairly set in this morning. Village street party has been relocated inside, and my garden joblist will have to wait.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast with flecks of grey. Rain forecast in varying levels of enthusiasm all day but it's not started yet. Currently 13 degrees with an expected high of 14. Barometer up a bit to 1020 mBar.

Yesterday HWMBO and I went out for cocktails with friends of his who are visiting from NZ. A very nice time was had.

Today I am working. Two days to holiday

Comment

Just had phone call from loony lady 2. We're going to local Street Fair later. If I can wake up. Tired. Snore.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out with occasional light showers, or possibly drizzle. Mild though, with 12° available now and 16° available to subscribers later. The barometers are basically the same at 1006/1014mB

I recently ordered a new MacBook Air, which I've been tracking on its journey via DHL from Chengdu to the East Midlands depot, where it's been resting since passing Customs clearance on Friday evening. I assumed it wouldn't be arriving until tomorrow because of the Bank Holiday, but to my surprise it's out for delivery today! So that'll be a shiny new toy to play with

I had a very good night's sleep, awaking a little after seven and immediately going back to sleep again until a little after nine. I'm definitely in favour of getting the extra two hours, as needed

Comment

Rain has stopped, and while it might be too damp to do any serious gardening, I can at least go to get some additional wood required for a “step” that was going to be 80cm wide and is now going to be 2.4m. Unfortunately the local builder’s merchant is shut today, so I can’t get the required blocks which will form the base.

Comment

The new MacBook Air has arrived!

It remains in its box for now though, as I need to get the links sorted out first

Comment

Links are up

Now to backup this MBA ready to migrate my data to the new MBA. It'll probably take a few hours, but with a bit of a rummage through one of boxes of cables and such that I still haven't unpacked since moving, I found the necessary connectors to link them via Thunderbolt, which is the fastest way of doing it

Comment

Lunch: ham toasties

Backup is done, so it's time to kick off the migration

For the record, the current MBA came via collection from the Apple Store in town, picked up on my way home from a conference in London, back in October 2017:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Home!

I was first for breakfast at the hotel - in fact, I helped them open the doors of the restaurant, and waited while they switched the sign around from "Closed" to "Please wait here to be seated". Then I had to point out that the coffee machine was going through the motions but only dispensing hot water, though luckily they had a spare one round the corner. Anyway, breakfast done, back to my room, threw the last few things in my bag, and I was on the road just before a quarter to eight.

Having got home I continued past and to the Highcross rooftop car park, then down to the Apple Store. Got the new MBA, and back home. Total time for the trip including detour: 2h 28m, according to Google Maps; home around 10:15 by the time I'd brought the bags in

So now to start the process of migrating all my stuff onto the new MBA. It went smoothly enough when I did it from the MB to this MBA back in 2011, and I'm going to leave all apps and documents behind, so hopefully it won't take more than a few hours - faster if I were to crawl into the corner where the router is and set up the Ethernet hub I bought a while back, but I can't be bothered doing that
                      It's served me well, but I'm looking forward to the M2 processor and various other bits of shiny new fanciness

Comment

Working...
                      X