• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning denizens

"Mostly cloudy" says the weather app, thereby revealing the weakness inherent in such general descriptions; for although there are innumerable trailing wisps scattered across the sky, there's nothing along the lines of a full-bodied cumulus or a featureless layer of stratus, and thus the overall effect is likely to be sunny once the sun gets high enough. Currently 11°C with 16° expected this afternoon, and the barometers are down a little at 1016/1024mB

Comment

Finally got all the paperwork through for a contract - so I start tomorrow

What I also have is an agency that didn't send me the appropriate KID and sent an opt-out well past the point that the opt-out would have been valid (the timeline in itself is a hoot to read). Which means I can now get an employment tribunal to both validate the value of KIDs (i.e. whether they are worth the paper they aren't written on) and provide some guidance as to when an opt-out needs to be requested.

Posted here as most interested people will pick it up and see the forthcoming entertainment while I line up everyone interested in my side of the battle.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Slightly less chilly at 16.5 deg, 17.5 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto, 14.9 deg in the saltinghouse.

1014 mBar, 29.943 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 14.71 psi, (up from 1012 last night), 75% RH.

Wednesday.

Meanwhile back in 1st February 2019 both of NF's parents were in hospital and there was snow, whereas Xogg was finding aliens on streetview.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan & occasionally warm sunshine. Breezy out there & The Clouds Are Going The Wrong Way. No good shall come of this.

The ongoing gardening project involves taking up Strangelove Pater's Red Brick Road around the gooseberry bushes, the late lamented rhubarb patch and the now nonexistent raised beds.

Said bricks are Imperial & wll add to the collection to be used for The New Shed if I ever get A Round Tuit.

Lunch: scrambled egg (2 medium because Tesco didn't have large) with poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about Sunderland.

More gardening: this time including the extraction of three pieces of angle iron hammered into the ground by Strangelove Pater. Twas a right bitch to shift, the 4th bit is still there, stuck firmly into the subsoil. I'll have to get creative to get this bit & the other 3 pieces out tomorrow. Welding, slidehammer, bits of angle sort of spring to mind.

The rhubarb thingie taken to bits, yielding yet more iron in the form of galv sheets plus a nice selection of breeze blocks (actually concrete but there you go).

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, some peach slices, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S13 E17 1916 Cadillac V8: bought with donor car for $96k, total spend $133k9. Unfinished at the end and the Pekin to Paris rally never happened for them, allegedly down to the production company not allowing it.

This chap has the same problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urx2iLAtUtc

I was waiting for the jack to break. .

Unfortunately one of the bits of angle is below ground level so I'd either have to dig a much bigger hole or weld another bit of angle to it.

The Repair Shoppe: peat bucket (chap had MND I wonder if he's still around), tweety bird thing like the one that used to introduce Arthur Negus on that antiques show half a lifetime ago, some white painted angels which turned out to be covered in gold leaf.

The wind is howling around the chimney like a good 'un.

Skin A&E. The usual selection of limpomas, cysts, seborrheic keratosis, and other delights.

Gosh.

Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde down in Ye Docks is looking for a Lecturer in Embedded Electronics. Well there's a thing. And RF with it.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 October 2022, 21:51.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Bright but cloudy with large chunks of fluff scurrying westwards. A quick check of my Met Office weather app and I see we do indeed have easterly winds of 13-17 mph and gusts up to 29 mph. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 16 forecast. No rain expected. Barometer down to 1019 mBar.

Despite the wind direction, there's not been a huge amount of traffic passing overhead which leads me to deduce that the majority of departures this morning are heading south. I ought to check which SID directs traffic over my way - it'll either be BUZAD or BPK.

Comment

Afternoon all.

Grey here. At least I'm out of the house - found a desk in a building in town about 15 minutes from home which means no more spending all day at home. That's probably a good thing to force me to have some fresh air.

Currently on 14 months with current permie lot, and nearly two years since I finished my last contract. I'm not actually sure I'm missing it - probably ought to hand in my contractor badge and star to the mods!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The pub/microbrewery is shutting down at the end of the year!

I didn't realise me moving would have such a drastic effect on the local economy - particularly as I've only been there once since the pandemic started
                  Wait, you're moving out of the flat with the painted shut windows?! Where are you off to? I won't be able to wave to you as I drive past the petrol station on Long Arterial Road into Leicester

Comment

Oh, just spotted:
                    Originally posted by covbob View Post

Wait, you're moving out of the flat with the painted shut windows?! Where are you off to? I won't be able to wave to you as I drive past the petrol station on Long Arterial Road into Leicester
                    Mod Pali!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Oh, just spotted:

Mod Pali!
                      Nice Pali!

Comment

Working...
                      X