• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was a couple of slices of toasted seeded sourdough as I wasn't feeling very inclined to make much more of an effort.

Comment

Mundane laundry on (quick wash)

Comment

Just remembered the Toyota could really do with a couple of new front tyres, so booked it in to get them fitted Thursday afternoon

Comment

The electrician has to come back because one of the dimmer switches is misbehaving.

Comment

Loony ladies at arty farty group all sang happy birthday when I walked in today. Eeeeh. Don't think I need reminding I'm an ever older old fart.

No karaoke tonight as they want us to have lateral flow test and ain't got a kit, getting one tomorrow. Son coming round instead. He'll probably leave as soon as he finds out I've got no vodka.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Finished work late as we have a go live tomorrow. This is the one that's now a month late because MS search facility doesn't work in SharePoint. It still doesn't work properly but we have a workaround that does.

Dinner was a takeaway (delivery, technically) from a Lebanese place in Fulham. Ordered lots so that's lunch dealt with tomorrow too.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Loony ladies at arty farty group all sang happy birthday when I walked in today. Eeeeh. Don't think I need reminding I'm an ever older old fart.
                Happy Birthday Xoggy!

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea. Lovely

Your warning that the BBC's Christmas 1973 adaptation of M. R. James' ghost story Lost Hearts expires from iPlayer tomorrow evening

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Your warning that the BBC's Christmas 1973 adaptation of M. R. James' ghost story Lost Hearts expires from iPlayer tomorrow evening
                    Good spot! Apparently every Monday? So there's more?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Good spot! Apparently every Monday? So there's more?
                      If you scroll down on https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/gen...natural/player you'll find several more: The Treasure of Abbot Thomas and The Ash Tree by M. R. James, along with Dickens' The Signalman, and finally Stigma, which together cover Christmases from 1974 to 1977

We can but hope for a further one from 1978 next Monday…

Comment

Working...
                      X