• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very few jobs ticked off this weekend’s job list today, but the greenhouse thremometer (that we didn’t know we had until today) now has a protective case, made from leftovers of a wine box used in the cork birdhouse.

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Later viewing has been the latest episode of 24 Hours in A&E, in which they managed to tear themselves away from 2019 to something in the current pandemic era - from a comment a doctor made about it being eighteen months since the pandemic started, it must have been filmed about a year ago. And then an older episode for good measure

The rain, having become very heavy, now seems to have completed its mission and moved on to Lincolnshire, judging by the rainfall radar

Day off tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Wispy cloud but a lot of it. Damp from overnight rain. No current precipitation and none forecast. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 18 forecast. Cloud cover set to clear as the morning progresses. Barometer up a bit to 1012 mBar.

Rubbish night's sleep. Not helped by Heathrow being on Easterlies last night, although the last departure wasn't outside the usual operating hours. I can't blame Heathrow for the early hours wake up or whatever was creating a racket outside at 0500.

Comment

Morning denizens

Nice lie in this morning

It's cloudy out, though there appear to be a few gaps opening up here and there and threatening to let a little sunshine in. It's been a mild night, so it's already 13°C and likely to reach 17° later. The barometers remain cautiously optimistic at 1005/1013mB

Comment

Morning.

Damp since it was hammering down half an hour ago.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

16.5 deg in here, 17.5 deg in the kitchen (pre kettle), 14 deg in the leanto, 14.3 deg in the saltinghouse.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 1002 last night), 75% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine glowing pretty brightly Roy, the candle that shines twice as bright shines half as long. Or something.

Whilst on 30th January 2019 NF was closing tabs on a Safari browser (whatever that is), and I'd spent the day travelling to Carmarthen on the bus (coz it was free) for the annual compulsory health check, which meant that I spent 2.25 hours down & 2.25 hours back, and an hour and a half in "work". The Feckwhits failed to do the hearing test despite me mentioning it, so I had to go down there again about 6 weeks later.

The Monday shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. It didn't rain on me. .

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust (strangely tasteless today: Oh Dear(tm)), bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toasted soya & linseed, yellow corner yog (all of which had their usual taste), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: In Business.

Y&Y: full of all the usual good news.

Monday Links. Apart from the one about lock picking. .

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. It didn't rain on me this time either, though there was a touch of drizzle as I exited Tesco.

The ongoing project to remove the courgette raised beds and turn the bottom of the garden into a lawn is, oddly enough, ongoing.

I'll get there in the end assuming it doesn't kill me in the process.

Tea: meatballs in tomato sauce with rice n peas, a red corner yog, some peach slices, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S13 E15: Humvee: apart from the field repairs in the yard, this was fairly tedious. Turned it into a camper, still sans gunrack. Bought for $12k, spent $8k, sold for $25k.

Didn't know one needed to MIG weld the inside & the outside of a bit of angle iron. With a stick welder that would be regarded as insufficient penetration.

Fred Dibnah thing on Yesterday.

Abandoned Engineering on Yesterday. Cleveland Variety Theatre shut down by Motorhead's classic 130dB concert which caused the plaster on the ceiling to crack & fall off. Bunkers on Sicily: The man who never was: Operation Mincemeat. Dubrovnik: famous for Game of Thrones apparently: Hotel Belvedere: the Yugoslav disintegration. Pluto's gate in Hierapolis Turkey, some shrine or other that kills things with CO2.

Either the Oak Island nutjobbery or Huw Pretentious Edwards waffling on about Wales & who we think we are. Feck me, now there's a choice.

The nutjobbery won: S9 E7 "It all adze up". . Gary finds an adze. It's not gold plated. They find Yet More Fecking Wood in the borehole (whichever is current). They ship in a long reach excavator to dig tulip up in the swamp, wherein they find, you guessed it, Yet More Fecking Wood, this time tree trunk sized which makes a change. That blacksmith chap turns up to look at the adze.

The Repair Shoppe: bagpipes (no credit that I noticed for the player thereof), an Eisteddfod Crown awarded to a lady in 1937 at Gwancaegurwen, a tortoise shaped bell.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 October 2022, 22:46.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Afternoon all

METAR EGFF 171150Z AUTO 25010KT 9999 BKN034 17/11 Q1018

Looks quite nice outside now the sun has come out.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Links are up
                    What a difference not working makes

Comment

Sainsbury's has been gone to, because how else does one spend a day off

The alarm went off as I trundled my trolley out of the scan-as-you-go checkout compound, so I had to back up. The woman going round approving stuff was busy just then so I started lifting my bags one by one and waving them at the sensors to work out what it could be; and it turned out to be the whole shoulder of lamb

Lunch has been a much-reduced chicken leg from the lukewarm food counter

Comment

Working...
                      X